Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File too large to be opened

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I downloaded a set of wireframes called "Praxent-Wireframe-Design-System-Open-Source".

It's a Sketch file of just 24Mb. Open it, was a total delirium, it took so much time, that load a game on Commodore 64 using a cassette would been faster. 

Once opened it was impossible to work on it as well copy/paste or drag the elements in my main file where I am supposed to work, because simply Adobe Xd was so much slow that I do not have enough words -_-

So I removed the content that I didn't need thinking in this way to reduce the file size and save a new file. 
I did it, and the new file  was saved, this time an Xd file, resulted in 100Mb instead of less than 24Mb O_O.
It didn't bother me as for the kind of PC I have, 100Mb are neither comparable to a tickle. 

I was wrong, open it was the delirium move the elements, delirium as well, without taking in consideration the crashes that happened during this whole operation. Now 2 hours are gone and still I can't do anything. 

How is even possible that a cloud application can not manage a misarable file of 100Mb and neither 24Mb? O_o

TOPICS
Crash on windows , How to , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi IcKz13,

Sorry for the trouble, it seems to be a file specific issue. If you'd allow, I'd like to investigate the file. Would you mind sharing the link from where you have downloaded the file? We'll try our best to help you with this. 

Please share your OS build and version of XD which you're using at the moment as well. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Atul, 

for now I solved by doing my own wireframes, anyway the file should be this one: 
https://dribbble.com/shots/6758078--FREE-Praxent-Low-Fidelity-Wireframing-UI-Kit

I say should be because searching on google for the name of the file I've written above, I can't get anymore the exact page, being a freebie it must been uploaded all around the web. 
I use Win 10, the XD version it's the previous one to the latest update 'cause I know I've not updated yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines