• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Fix position when scrolling' only accessible if using multiple artboards (v20.0.12.10)

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have noticed that the new update has moved the 'Fix position when scrolling' checkbox to the Prototype Tab.

The problem with this is that users can only access the Prototype tab if they have more than one artboard.

The design I am working on only requires one page, but it has fixed components. Therefore, I am forced to make an empty unneeded artboard in order the access the 'Fix position when scrolling' checkbox!

Is this issue an oversight from Adobe XD or am i missing something?!!

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Hi Riom,

Thank you for reaching out. Based on what you said, it looks like you are trying to fix the position of the components by using the "Fix position when scrolling" option in Prototype mode. I tried to reproduce the same at my end and I have found that we need to select the component of the artboard to make the fix position option visible. Please see the screenshot below: -

Please let us know if you need more assistance on this one. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Riom,

Thank you for reaching out. Based on what you said, it looks like you are trying to fix the position of the components by using the "Fix position when scrolling" option in Prototype mode. I tried to reproduce the same at my end and I have found that we need to select the component of the artboard to make the fix position option visible. Please see the screenshot below: -

Please let us know if you need more assistance on this one. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I also had the same issue as Riom mentioned but I found your reply helpful. But the question is if I have just one artboard to work with how can I select the prototype option as to open protype we need to create atleast 2 artboards. I think this is what actually Riom was trying to ask you. The 'fix position' checkbox was better like in the older version.

Thanks

Alwin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can access the fix position checkbox even if you have a single artboard. When you switch to Prototype mode with a single artboard, you probably see an onboarding message which say - "Create Multiple artboards ... "
Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 3.30.33 PM.png

Simply dismiss that by click on the close icon in the top left corner. After that you should be able to access the Property Inspector in Prototype Mode.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the same issue. And it's not as you summaries Harshika. It's not that I want to "Fix position when scrolling" while using the prototype tab. It is that is the only place you can now do it from . The feature has moved. If you look at this Adobe tutorial Step 08: Make the Header Sticky - YouTube you will see that the "Fix position when scrolling" is on the design Tab. I am following thus tutorial but got stuck on this step until I discovered that the "Fix position when scrolling"  has moved to the Prototype tab.

I am not an XD expert but it seems to me that "Fix position when scrolling" is a design feature. Not a prototype feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Paul.

Thank you for your feedback. We completely understand your concern as the tutorial is not updated yet and must have consumed a lot of your time to find the option for Fix Position. We appreciate your efforts. I will make sure that the feedback is forwarded to the concerned team to make improvements in the future.

We're sorry for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you need more assistance on this. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines