Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed position no usable

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I can't use the "fix position" check box in the Prototype tab. I see an option "fixed deflection position" under Action but it is grayed out and I cannot use it.

I would like to fix a Nav bar at the bottom of the page and that it does not move during the scroll.

Am i wrong somewhere?
How to do ?
Capture.PNG

Thank you for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

It's not wrong but you cannot make it pinned if it's inside of a group. If you ungroup "Canvas" then you should be able to pin NAVBAR

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble in fixing the position of the Nav bar in XD. It looks like you're trying to use the "Preserve Scroll Position" in Prototype mode. If so, I would suggest you to click on the arrow to trigger an action on the object and you will see that option became available immediately.

Please let me know if I misunderstood your question. We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Harshika,

Thanks for your reply! You're right, I have to click on the blue/white arrow to make it active.

But, doesn't works...

I would like the Navbar to stay at the bottom of the screen when I scroll down / up.
When I click on the "play" button, the navbar scrolls with everything else.
However, I seem to have followed the instructions in this tutorial but I do not have the "Scrolling" function. I specify that I am in the "Prototype" tab and that the group is well selected.

Did I forget something?

Capture01.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not Fix Position When Scrolling checkbox, but Preserve Scroll Position checkbox. Shouldn't it say conserver la position de défilement instead, HARSHIKA VERMA? What does the checkbox at the bottom say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

May I ask for some help please?

I changed the language to english, but when I select the NavBar folder on "Prototype", "Scrolling"  function doesn't appear.
Capture05.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's because your element is inside a group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't understand what that means.
I tried with a rectangle outside a group and the result is the same. There's not a scrolling section.
Is it my doing way is wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select "NAVBAR" instead of "Menu" inside it, then you shall see the option appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NavBar is SELECTED already. You can see it on the capture joined before ^^
My mouse is "menu" over that's why the NavBar line is blue, but looking better, we can see the NavBar line is darkest blue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I see, that's strange - can you see the Fix Position When Scrolling checkbox in the Design mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesn that strange... 
I can't see Fix Position When Scrolling , and in Prototype is the same 😞
Here's the capture of the "layers"Capture06.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is NAVBAR inside a group?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NAVBAR is a group and is inside a Canvas. Is that wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not wrong but you cannot make it pinned if it's inside of a group. If you ungroup "Canvas" then you should be able to pin NAVBAR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It works! I export from Photoshop, maybe that's the reason of the Canvas presence.
Thank you Kawamoto san 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines