• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed scroll is passing behind objects even though layer is at the top

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a huge issue with prototyping at the moment and trying to convey to my client what a particular feature does.

I have a fixed navigation at the top of the page and I have made sure the whole navigation is neatly grouped and set to the very top layer. However when going into the prototype view it is still passing behind objects on layers much further down.

I have tried recreating in completely new boards and I am getting the same issue.

Any help would be appreciated, this is driving me insane. I think it may have something to do with the 3d transform as I can no longer draw shapes over the box either (they just disappear).

I have attached a short video of a simple recreation without sound that conveys the issue.

Many thanks in advance

TOPICS
Design , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keil,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing the issue you're experiencing with the help of video. We would like to know the OS and XD versions of your machine. If possible could you please share the screenshot of your properties panel?  Does that happen with every file or with a specific file?

We will try our best to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Harshika,

My Mac OS is Big Sur and xd version is 38.1.12

It only seems to happen with this file and it still happens when I open on a PC windows 10 also.

I think it may be something to do with the 3d rotate function used on the image. Because it happens with the 3d rotate object, but if I group that object with another object the issue happens with the whole group. But once issue presents itself it cant seem to be undone. (This is also the only file Ive used with the 3d rotate function)

I have attached 2 screenshots: one with the navigation selected and one with the problem object selected so you can see the properties of both

Sometimes the problem object's blending mode changes to "pass through" but I ungroup everything, make sure it is all set to normal and then regroup the object. I then double check it is still set to normal but I still get the same issue which you see in the video.

I should also add that there are no components or secondary states applied to any of the objects on the artboards

I hope this helps your investigations

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the info. I checked with the team regarding this and they actually want to look at your XD file for further investigation. Is it possible for you to share the XD file with us? If yes, please upload it to a shared location such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a PM. 

Note: Please add the URL of the post over a PM for reference.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Harshika,

I have sent a PM with a link to the file

Look forward to your response

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Luke for sending the file. The team investigated that If a layer has a higher z-position value than other layers, it will appear on top of them, irrespective of the order in the layers panel.

Note that the z-position field in Property Inspector is hidden by default. You have to enable the 3d rotation option in PI (Property Inspector on the right side) for that field to be visible.

If the z-position is set to 0 for the two layers that are 3d rotated in your file (image15 and rectangle14), they will scroll underneath the navbar that will also make them slightly smaller visually, so you’ll need to play around with resizing it.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines