• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flipped photos with mask when I export as PDF

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only the masked image is flipped when I export as PDF. Like this.

sample file: Dropbox - sample.xd

ScreenShot 2019-02-14 0.35.02.png

↓

ScreenShot 2019-02-14 0.35.18.png

I read this article and tried reinstalling XD app, but the problem did not resolve.

Flipped photos when I export as PDF

I need help from the developer. Thanks

Udon Rokuze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

The team confirmed that this is an issue when using with Preview, they are updating the help documents with that information.

I suggest viewing your files in Acrobat Reader after export.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested your project on Mac OS 10.13.4 using the latest version of Adobe XD, and I am unable to reproduce your issue. In another post, a user wondered about whether this is an issue with the latest version of Mac OS, although I am not sure if that is the reason.

Which OS are you on, and what is its version number? Also provide the version of XD that you are working with.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

• Mac OS 10.14.3
  • Adobe XD 16.0.2.8

certainly my environment is the latest MacOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Let me check and get back to you.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team is investigating this issue. Meanwhile, if possible, can you try exporting on a different version of Mac OS and let us know if it worked?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you viewing the PDF in Preview or in Acrobat reader? The team tested the scenario, and they were able to reproduce it in Preview but not in Acrobat reader. Just to be sure, 10.10 is not a supported OS for Adobe XD version yet, although it is unlikely to be causing this issue.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per the other post, this problem is only when viewing the exported PDF on Mojave. Clearly there is something about the PDF that is not 100% right but this and the way Mojave is rendering the PDF is the cause. Workaround is to open the exported PDF in Acrobat and then Export as Other > Optimised PDF. Then all is good on Mojave. Hopefully an upcoming XD release will provide the fix for Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paul@runway

> As per the other post, this problem is only when viewing the exported PDF on Mojave.

It was a blind spot for me. You're right!

I uploaded PDF to Dropbox and previewed through Dropbox viewer, the placed image was displayed correctly without flipping.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/26n4udg2s6daaiw/sample.pdf?dl=0

@Preran

> Are you viewing the PDF in Preview or in Acrobat reader?

Thanks, in Preview. I was not viewing in Acrobat reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Meanwhile, if possible, can you try exporting on a different version of Mac OS and let us know if it worked?

Sorry, my another mac is also latest Mojave&XD...

I tried and the same problem was seen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team confirmed that this is an issue when using with Preview, they are updating the help documents with that information.

I suggest viewing your files in Acrobat Reader after export.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded PDF to Google Drive and from my iPhone previewed through Google Drive viewer, the placed image was displayed INCORRECTLY.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you update the application as well please? If you open the file in Acrobat there is no issue, but it is not an application that everyone has or chooses to open PDF’s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jan 2021 and this is still occurring. Poor show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happening to me too. I export the same artboard as a .png and its fine; however, when I export as a PDF it inverts the image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Big Sur and latest version of XD and am still having these problems. The images in the pdf are flipped. Please correct this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

October 2021, 2 2 1/2 years after acknowledging this issue, and it remains an issue. Can we get some clarity fromo Adobe on where this is in the priority queue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

January 6, 2022, this remains a problem.
M1 macOS Monterey 12.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can this problem still exist after 3 years, how long is the team investigating this issue?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Preran Any update on this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines