Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font Character Issues in XD

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I am having an issue with XD displaying the lowercase formats for special characters and numbers. All other Adobe apps load in the uppercase formats correctly. The font being used is Big Caslon FB from Adobe Fonts: https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts/big-caslon

Has anyone experienced this same issue and is there a way to make XD load the uppercase characters for numbers and special characters?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's strange especially if they are rendering correctly in other software. I did not quite get what you mean by, "lowercase formats for special characters and numbers." Can you provide screenshots of how the text appears in other apps and how it appears in XD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another screenshot from InDesign. It shows how Big Calson displays the different characters when in lower case / sentence case versus when the all caps style is toggled on. XD is only loading the sentence case characters even if the all caps style is toggled in XD.Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 9.28.39 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following up on this one. Any ideas on how to make XD load the uppercase formats for numbers and special characters for Big Caslon FB?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I apologize for the delayed response because I was on vacation. It looks like this is the way the feature works in XD as of now. Can you please raise a request with the team using this link https://adobexd.uservoice.com/ ?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines