Highlighted

Font displaying incorrectly in XD compared to Photoshop or Illustrator on Windows 10

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Agency I work for uses both Mac and PC. We have a company otf typeface that displays differently in Xd from Mac to PC. The issue is that on PC in XD half of the activated fonts don't display in the font selection menu. And some of the font styles display the same, for example, Book renders out the same as Medium. The really odd thing is that in photoshop I can see all the styles and they seem to display correctly.

On Mac everything seems to display fine, And in Suitcase Fusion on the PC all the styles are also displayed correctly. It seems to be something unique with XD.

This is driving me nuts, as an agency, we are doing more design work in XD to help developers, but this issue is bogging us down. I'm pretty tempted to dump XD all togeather.

Brandon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Font displaying incorrectly in XD compared to Photoshop or Illustrator on Windows 10

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Agency I work for uses both Mac and PC. We have a company otf typeface that displays differently in Xd from Mac to PC. The issue is that on PC in XD half of the activated fonts don't display in the font selection menu. And some of the font styles display the same, for example, Book renders out the same as Medium. The really odd thing is that in photoshop I can see all the styles and they seem to display correctly.

On Mac everything seems to display fine, And in Suitcase Fusion on the PC all the styles are also displayed correctly. It seems to be something unique with XD.

This is driving me nuts, as an agency, we are doing more design work in XD to help developers, but this issue is bogging us down. I'm pretty tempted to dump XD all togeather.

Brandon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brandon,

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble using fonts in XD. From what I understand from your post, it looks like the fonts are not displaying properly in XD. We'd like to know a few more details like-

• Is it happening with all the fonts or with a specific font? Name of the font will be helpful.
  • These are Adobe Fonts or normal fonts?
  • What is the OS and XD version of your machine?
  • How you have installed the font?

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD = 21.2.12.3

Windows 10 = Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

Suitcase Fusion = V 20.0.6.8538

I've included the font, And I'm currently using Suitcase Fusion to manage and enable fonts. However I tried placing the fonts directly in the fonts folder and had the same results.

I haven't noticed this issue with other fonts yet. 

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪ ▪▪▪▪

14FOUR » BRANDON DeLAUNEY » CREATIVE DIRECTOR » O 509.448.4070  »  M 509.768.4134

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines