Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font emedding

Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, below are few questions that bothers me:

How preview my design for the client if I use Montserrat and client uses Mac?

How preview my iOS app with SF Pro on Adobe XD app when I use android device?

How can I be sure that my design preview properly?

TOPICS
Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Sorry for the delay in response. Regarding fonts, when possible, fonts are sent to the device when we preview on mobile. However certain font vendors do not allow for the transfer, display, and distribution of their fonts. You are responsible for ensuring that you respect the font license agreement between you and the font vendor. For information, you can refer to this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/preview-mobile.html#Fontsonmobiledevices

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. While previewing a prototype on a mobile device, default system fonts installed on the device are used in place of missing fonts so for the best viewing experience, I'd recommend installing the actual fonts on the device.

Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or issues in the future.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well...emmm...I'm sorry, but:
1. As it's obvious, I'm unable to install fonts on clients device (PC, Mac, whatever)...

2. So far as I know, it's immpossible to install font ie. SF Pro on Android devices

Is there any planned solutions for any above problem? For instance Protopie Android App has ability to install custom fonts (for your own legal responsibility).

That wouldn't be perfect, but at least better than nothing.

Also your Adobe XD android app has font sync with Adobe Fonts. Maybe there should be similar function when we (or client) open shared project in the PC/Mac browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delay in response. Regarding fonts, when possible, fonts are sent to the device when we preview on mobile. However certain font vendors do not allow for the transfer, display, and distribution of their fonts. You are responsible for ensuring that you respect the font license agreement between you and the font vendor. For information, you can refer to this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/preview-mobile.html#Fontsonmobiledevices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines