• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font issues with Roboto and SF Pro Display

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have both Roboto font and SF Pro Display installed on my Mac. 

when I use them in XD everything seems fine, there is no 'missing font' message or anything like that. 

problem is the fonts look different than they are supposed to,

when other people on my team write the exact same sentence I write, it doesn't look the same, the letters look different, the spacing isn't the same etc...

I would love to get some help with that, thanks

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your teammates are working on mac or windows and where do they right the sentences? some screenshots would be helpful. And does the font size, leading, tracking and other font settings are the same as yours?

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is exactly the same and we all have a Mac, i even deleted the fonts from my mac and they sent me the font file they have and the problem remaind

screen shot attached:
(red text is mine - SF Pro Display Font)
as you can see the spacing is way off even though theyre both set to 0

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 14.11.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please try the suggestions shared here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-fonts/roboto-font-character-display-bug/td-p/10481981?page=1

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

roboto works fine now,
SF Pro Display still the same:
(red text is mine )

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 14.11.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. I would like to follow up here if you are able to resolve the issue? If no, please try installing the SF Pro font on your machine and then check if it works fine.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem still exists
i already tried re-installing the font and it did not help
i would really love to find a solution ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that. I would suggest getting in touch with our support team using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html so that you can get the real time assistance on the issue.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble. It looks like you're experiencing the similar issue mentioned here:  Solved: Roboto font from Google has different heights on M... - Adobe Support Community - 11734620  

If yes, then after a long investigation on this issue and trying all the aspects to fix it. The team identified that the font engines on the 2 platforms return different values for this font, which won't be fixed until we use the same engine on both platforms. There is something related to this going on in the backend, but until then, there is nothing that team can do to fix it.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines