Highlighted

Font problem in XD

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have strange problem with font Quicksand.

I install font family (light,regular,bold,semibold) on Windows. In AE, AI, ID, PS everthing is fine work like a normal font.

But in XD when I open project or make new one, and choose quicksand font

nn family font list I have (regular, regular, regular, bold, regular). First think okey, something display wrong.  No metter what I choose is always regular font. 

I try:
Reinstal font , reinstal from another source
Reinstal adobe XD
Update adobe XD
Update Windows 10

My problem is that I work with big project with this font (my rescure is that I also have macbook pro and there its work fine).  

I opened the font files in FontForge, generated them as TrueType, ignored all warnings and errors and reinstalled it.

After that I got Quicksand working in XD.

TOPICS
Crash on windows, Known Issue, Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Font problem in XD

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have strange problem with font Quicksand.

I install font family (light,regular,bold,semibold) on Windows. In AE, AI, ID, PS everthing is fine work like a normal font.

But in XD when I open project or make new one, and choose quicksand font

nn family font list I have (regular, regular, regular, bold, regular). First think okey, something display wrong.  No metter what I choose is always regular font. 

I try:
Reinstal font , reinstal from another source
Reinstal adobe XD
Update adobe XD
Update Windows 10

My problem is that I work with big project with this font (my rescure is that I also have macbook pro and there its work fine).  

I opened the font files in FontForge, generated them as TrueType, ignored all warnings and errors and reinstalled it.

TOPICS
Crash on windows, Known Issue, Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 17, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with font in XD. We would like to know a few more details like-

• Is it happening with this specific file and specific font?
  • Have you activated this from Adobe Fonts or downloaded it from third party?
  • What is the XD version of your machine?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specific font: Quicksand.

I download font from google fonts site, from other source  and resoults was the same (this same font file from google site work perfect on mac). So In my opnion its not a font file problem

I have newest version from JUN16 2020 update, before with MAY19 2020 update, same resoults

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the solution that worked for you. This might help our customers in resolving their issue. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Piotrm,

Sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind trying the solution suggested in this post and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but this isn't a 'fix', it's a hotfix for users, this is a global issue on Windows, have it with other fonts too (George for example), it works perfectly in all other programs and on MacOS, except on XD and Windows (as usual)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same problem with Inter font

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi if you are getting problem  in the quicksand font  in adobe XD just go to github and download the font family from there and install all .It will start to work wont give pblm anymore. i m attaching the github link too

https://github.com/andrew-paglinawan/QuicksandFamily/find/master

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0