Fonts buggy in XD Windows.

Advocate ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a font manager to install fonts (Extensis Suitcase). I have read XD might have a problem with font managers. I will stop using XD before I bother manually installing fonts into my fonts directory.

When I open an Illustrator file some installed fonts are reported missing in XD. Fonts not reported missing are showing correctly but the font is not in the fonts dropdown menu.

For example I have a font on my system (not Adobe CC font) Proxima Nova. This has the full range of weights. In the Illustrator file fonts are showing as they should. When I open the file in XD most weights of this font are showing but "Light" is missing (for some reason) When I try to replace the missing font the replacement dropdown is greyed out

dv8kiwi_0-1613514949586.png

The fonts that have imported and are showing as they should get the full range of options in the Character pane:

dv8kiwi_1-1613515114690.png

BUT

If I want to use "Proxima Nova" somewhere else that font is missing from the menu:

dv8kiwi_2-1613515244980.png

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just discovered that CC Fonts is automatically activating CC duplicates of the Proxima fonts that are already installed on my system when I open the XD document thus creating a conflict. How do I stop that happening? (Apart from deactivating the local version) Is there some way to get CC to ignore individual fonts rather than automatically activating them? Or just completely disable automatic activation? If I disable Adobe Fonts completely in CC then it will use the local versions and there is no problem, but of course I would rather not do that.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the delay in response. It looks like you are experiencing the similar issue mentioned here:https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/text-variable-font-issue-in-xd-windows/td-p/11001813 If so then yes, you can deactivate the font from Adobe Fonts and use the one you have installed in your machine and vice versa installing the fonts weights separately.

Please let me know if I misunderstood your question.

Thanks,

Harshika

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines