MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

Processor 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB

XD version:

Font management:

Suitcase Fusion v.21.2.2

Issue:

I'm experiencing an issue in which fonts in the Character Styles list are erroneously being labeled as missing, when I clearly have them loaded and permanently turned on in Suitcase Fusion — and they're listed in the available fonts menu within XD, and they're displaying correctly on my artboard.

In this example, the font is Biennale.

This shows the font loaded and active within Suitcase Fusion:

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 11.36.18 AM.png

This shows the text on my artboard, set in Biennale. The font list to the right clearly shows Biennale as the selected font:

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 11.16.45 AM.png

This shows that Biennale is one of several active fonts available to use within XD:

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 11.18.20 AM.png

However, when I make that type a Character Style, it displays with an eclamation point icon, and the font is labeled as "missing." In fact, other fonts I've added to my Character Styles list are also being erroneously flagged as missing:

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 11.17.06 AM.png

If I hover over the H1 Character Style, for example, I get this full error description:

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 11.17.00 AM.png

So as you can see, this doesn't make any sense, since I clearly have Biennale loaded and turned on in Suitcase Fusion, and I'm actively using it in my XD file.

So what gives?

Additionally, my XD file is saved locally. Does this have anything to do with this error?

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are getting a missing font error in XD. Would you mind telling us if you are able to use the same font in a new document? Could you please try to sign out of XD and Creative Cloud, restart the machine, and then sign back in? Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Thank you for your response.

I am able to use the same fonts in a new document. The issue never has been with my ability to use fonts. The fonts are active in Suitcase Fusion, and are available to use within XD. The issue is that when I create styles, those fonts get labeled as "missing" in the Doccument Assets > Character Styles panel.

I logged out of CC and XD and restarted my computer. When I launched my file, one of the fonts, Biennale, that was previously labeled as missing in the Character Styles panel is no longer labeled as missing. So that's progress.

However, one of the other fonts that was also previously labeled as missing in the Character Styles panel, Antikor, is still labeled as missing, yet the font is active in Suitcase Fusion, is available to use within XD, and is displaying fine on screen:

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 10.14.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 10.20.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 10.21.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 10.21.54 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the screenshot and glad to know that we have got some progress even if it just one font. I would suggest changing the location of the fonts folder and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Thanks again for your reply. I keep all my fonts (a little over 10K of them!) on my Mac hard drive, and upload them to Suitcase Fusion from there. I see no reason for me to move the location of the font folder, a) because I am not experiencing any issues with these fonts in any other application — including other Adobe CC apps, and b) the other font that was previously mislabelled as missing has mysteriously resolved itself.

Again, this isn't a problem accessing, using, or displaying fonts. This appears to be a bug of some sort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will check with the team to investigate further on the issue and will update you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Harshika!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines