• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Formating Paragraph Line Spacing in Area Text

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm magazine creative director for 20 years and now I'm venturing into UI/UX waters.

Since I am used to InDesign and its way of controlling and formatting, Adobe XD creates some problems for me.

In the pictured example, I have a Text area. Each text paragraph is formatted in its own style.  Running head at the top, headline, subhead, and author. Each with its own formatting. Unfortunately, XD does not allow separate Line spacing formatting for each paragraph.

In the bottom part of the picture, I can achieve it by separating each paragraph into its own Point or Area text. Then I can format Line Spacing for each paragraph.

But this creates a problem. What if a headline is 2 or 3 lines long.

In the first example, if all of the paragraphs are in the same Area, longer headlines will push down the text below.

In the bottom part, if the headline is too long it will overlap the part below.

For me proper typography and formatting are essential.

How to achieve text elements to be separately formatted (Line spacing) while remaining in one text area?

Because keeping all these texts in one text area seems a much better solution, especially because it is easier to control the distances between paragraphs.

thank you

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 14.42.58.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

As Chris said, this is an area that XD (and other UX apps like Sketch) still needs to improve on. XD focuses on one style per text box, but I'd love to see proper styling support for paragraph styles and multiple style per box. Please upvote/create feature requests on the website Chris linked to!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text formatting is another area that is in need of more improvement. You can add your request to the User Voice site: Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs about this. I did not go searching for this request, but I would suspect it is in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Chris said, this is an area that XD (and other UX apps like Sketch) still needs to improve on. XD focuses on one style per text box, but I'd love to see proper styling support for paragraph styles and multiple style per box. Please upvote/create feature requests on the website Chris linked to!

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why we need to beg Adobe for such basic features as this. XD is such a disappointment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Francamente, el manejo de estilo de párrafo y fuentes en XD es DEPLORABLE. Muy, muy malo. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The second example is a classic use-case for stacks: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-dynamic-designs-with-stacks.html

while it won't negate the need for multiple formatting in a paragraph, it solves the overlapping problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines