Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frames freezing while recording the XD prototype

New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm not able to record my XD prototype. Whenever I try to do so, the frames freeze or the next frame comes after a 1 or 2 seconds delay (which is not the part of the prototype) which doesn't look smooth.

Already tried :

- Clearing XD cache

- Uninstalling and Re-installing creative cloud

None of these worked.

System details :

Mac Pro (16 inches, 2019, Big Sur 11.3)

2.6 GHz 6-core Intel Core i7 processor

Ram - 32 GB 2667 Mhz DDR4

XD version: 40.0.22.12

XD File size: Around 7 Mb

Can Anyone please help?

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash on mac , Design , Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the trouble and thanks for sharing the system specifications and other details. Is it possible for you to record a video of the workflow and share it with us? Does that happen with every file or with this specific file?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In other files, I didn't face the issue where the frames freeze, but yeah lag issue is there.

Example -  If I've used a tap trigger, so once I tap it takes 1-2 seconds delay to go to the next frame even if the delay is not part of the prototype.

I'm attaching the recording where the frames are getting frozen. Please let me know how I can fix this.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the video. I am wondering if the issue is linked with the bug mentioned here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/with-latest-xd-update-40-it-crashes-every-time-on-trying-to-...

I am going to check with the team and will update you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Baljit5C11,

It's been a while we haven't heard back from you. Would you mind telling us if the issue is related to the post I shared in my previous link or is it different so that we can investigate it further?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It's somewhat similar but not entirely. The issue addressed on that link is regarding adobe crashing or frames freezing while prototyping. In my case, My adobe is not crashing and there are no issues while prototyping. The issue is frames freeze when I try to record my prototype. Also, the recording is not smooth. After tapping on a trigger, the next screen is coming with some delay.

Thanks

Baljit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the pixel width and height of the XD artboard?

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Artboard size is 1920px X 1080px (W X H)

Thanks

Baljit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At larger sizes like that it can slow down. I wish that XD did not default to 1920 for desktop because that's not the most common desktop size (1280-1440 is a better range in my opinion). Consider designing for a smaller size, especially if your screen is less then 1920 because XD will have to scale down the preview. It's better to design for a more common size screen.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the feedback. I agree that 1920 px is not the most common desktop size but the problem is occurring only on my laptop. My colleagues are using the exact same file and it's working smoothly. I have mentioned my laptop specs above and I think those are more than enough to make any design file run smoothly. I'm not able to figure out what the issue is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines