Highlighted

getFileSizeSync(): file argument must be a string

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue:

Getting "getFileSizeSync(): file argument must be a string" error on opening Adobe Xd Cloud Document on Windows 10.

How I got in this situation:

I pasted a few artboards from another Adobe Xd Cloud Document file to my Adobe Xd Cloud Document.

When I tried to save I was getting an error. And I was not able to close the file since I was getting similar 'no getting saved' error.

Unfortunately, I don't remember the exact error code or message. Maybe you can tell me where the Logs are located so that I can share what the error was.

Since the file was not closing - I force closed the file from Windows Task Manager

Now when I am reopening the file I am getting the following error:

Also alongside showing this error Adobe Xd is making and opening another Cloud Document named "Untitled-1".

Solutions I have tried

Re-installed Adobe Xd

Possible Solutions
Make a copy of Cloud Document to get back my document - unfortunately, I cannot find where is Cloud Document stored, moreover there is NO option to download the file from Creative Cloud website.

PS - Adobe Xd is up-to-date.

PS - I can still access the file from the Public Link and Adobe Xd Android Mobile App (of course without any saved changes)

Help me get my document back.

Thank You

I solved the problem myself.

I think this is a conflict problem in Adobe's cloud-tech but they can not fix yet

There is the only way I can do for this problem is:

1. Uninstall XD in Creative Cloud
  2. Uninstall Creative Cloud
  3. And re-install them
  4. Done

You have to uninstall both of them
I have had this problem twice

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

getFileSizeSync(): file argument must be a string

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue:

Getting "getFileSizeSync(): file argument must be a string" error on opening Adobe Xd Cloud Document on Windows 10.

How I got in this situation:

I pasted a few artboards from another Adobe Xd Cloud Document file to my Adobe Xd Cloud Document.

When I tried to save I was getting an error. And I was not able to close the file since I was getting similar 'no getting saved' error.

Unfortunately, I don't remember the exact error code or message. Maybe you can tell me where the Logs are located so that I can share what the error was.

Since the file was not closing - I force closed the file from Windows Task Manager

Now when I am reopening the file I am getting the following error:

Also alongside showing this error Adobe Xd is making and opening another Cloud Document named "Untitled-1".

Solutions I have tried

Re-installed Adobe Xd

Possible Solutions
Make a copy of Cloud Document to get back my document - unfortunately, I cannot find where is Cloud Document stored, moreover there is NO option to download the file from Creative Cloud website.

PS - Adobe Xd is up-to-date.

PS - I can still access the file from the Public Link and Adobe Xd Android Mobile App (of course without any saved changes)

Help me get my document back.

Thank You

I think this is a conflict problem in Adobe's cloud-tech but they can not fix yet

3. And re-install them
  4. Done

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a Cloud Document and I cannot find where this file is located in my Local Storage in Windows 10

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to locate your file in Adobe Creative Cloud

Alternatively, click the Home button in Adobe XD. In the Home Screen, click Cloud Documents on the left to access your files saved to the cloud.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this issue previously reported way back in May 2017 [Windows] Error code 49 when saving a large XD file (#G15136) – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests...

It is unlikely that you are on a 2017 version of Adobe XD, but there is a solution in the comments section that you may want to consider.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I attach and send a Cloud Document file using this method? I don't see any option to do so.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, you can upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud and share the URL with me. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Is there no way to get my file from the cloud outside of XD? I need the file back to continue my work, it is URGENT!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open your cloud document in Xd and choose to Save AS and then save it locally?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the file doesn't open. The error occours when I choose to open it from the cloud

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay and you have no updates pending? What version are your running in Xd and perhaps more importantly Creative Cloud Manager?

Have you tried to access your cloud account from another computer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both Xd and CC Manager are up to date and running. All the other files in the Cloud are working properly, except this one with the "getFileSizeSync()" message seems to is faulty. I'll try to access the Cloud from the Xd on a different computer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We would like your help with understanding this issue. Can you run the log collector tool How to use the Creative Cloud Log Collector tool​ on your computer and send us the log files? You can upload the files to a shared location such as Creative Cloud and share the link with me over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Also, can you provide me with information on your computer's operating system, and its version number?

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, help me please.

Windows 10adobexdxd.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I did was open the file on a diferent PC using the same account. I opened an older version, but didn't lose too much work. Hope it helps you. After that I never used the cloud storage again, I can't trust it anymore

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team suggested that you try the solutions in Issue saving xd files to creative cloud​ and let us know if it helped.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3. And re-install them
  4. Done

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are glad you're back on track and thank you for sharing the solution that worked for you. This will definitely help our users to fix the issue. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to Adobe XD.

We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines