• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting password notice when i access public link whereas link was not passoword protected

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 days ago, I had shared link with my client to view designs. that link was public and without password. I have not put any restriction and before sharing with them i have twice double-checked and link was working fine without password. after 2 days, when i clicked on the same link, it gives an enter password notice. i was quite surprised. without applying password, how link can be asked to enter password.

I was also unable to update link. when I was trying to update link it was giving the following error.

"the link you previously created from this file no longer exists and could not be updated. choose new link to create a new link"

I m using 25.2.12.3 version.

please help me to fix this.

TOPICS
Prototyping , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Thanks for confirming, Rakesh. Updating XD does not affect the configuration settings of the published links so you can update XD and let us know if that solves the issue or if you need any further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rakesh,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please ensure that you have the latest version of XD which is 35.3.12. Usually, we get error 55:XX when the shared prototype has been deleted from https://assets.adobe.com

Could you please check if you are able to see the link here: https://assets.adobe.com/links

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Rishabh_Tiwari for your comment.

I had saved files in my local drive so I am unable to see links here https://assets.adobe.com/links

IF I update the latest version,

will my previous link be working without password notice? or do I have to generate new link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for confirming, Rakesh. Updating XD does not affect the configuration settings of the published links so you can update XD and let us know if that solves the issue or if you need any further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines