Placed an asset with multiple grouped layers, one of which has a gradient applied, onto my artboard in AdobeXD. The asset looked the way it should for awhile, then if I tried to copy it, zoom in or out too fast, or close and open the XD app, the gradient disappears from the asset (but the container/layer it's in is still visible.) Happened multiple times. Tried grouping and ungrouping the asset by itself, tried grouping it with other assets, tried removing and copy/pasting directly from Illustrator. Nothing worked - the gradient still keeps disappearing.
Steps to repro:
1. Create an asset in Adobe Illustrator
-> Create a shape, make it a solid color
-> Create a duplicate of that shape and place a gradient over it (color to transparent)
-> Create another shape to use to partially mask the gradient shape.
-> Mask the shape
-> Group all objects & drag into Adobe CC Library pane & name it.
2. Create new artboard in AdobeXD
3. Open Adobe CC Library pop-out pane
4. Drag your newly created asset to the artboard
5. *Multiple things may cause this but...* Copy & paste the asset -> gradient should disappear, but if you click into the vector asset, the gradient mask can still be selected.
See attached images.
P.S. I miss the user voice forum for filing bugs - this platform is not at all user friendly. 😛
Thank you for reaching out and sharing the steps. It woud be great if you could create a video or gif of the issue for the visual understand of the issue. It would be really helpful for us to investigate and reproduce at our end.