• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradients in Components - On-Canvas Editor Info not Saved

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that if you save a gradient to components, it only saves the colors, it doesn't save the positioning/direction information that you may have applied. Shouldn't the component save all the details of the gradient?

In the screen shot below, I created a gradient (the left-most artboard), then saved it as a component. However when I apply the component to other boards, the positioning/direction of the gradient reverts to default (the two boards on the right). Am I doing something wrong? I feel like it should maintain the same positioning/direction so I can make changes across multiple artboards if need be by simply changing the component. I thought that was the whole point of components...

image.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

I realized (after I posted) that I should just create a component rectangle with the gradient inside of it, and reuse that... I was creating the gradient as a fill color and saving that as a color asset, not a component. So it is only saving the colors in the gradient, which I understand.... but it would still be nice if the colors assets would save the gradient's positioning, not just the colors. Either way I found a good enough solution for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and pointing out that components doesn't save the gradient details like positioning and directions in XD. I am checking with the team regarding this if this is an expected behavior or if this is a bug which needs investigation. I will get back to you as soon as I hear back from the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realized (after I posted) that I should just create a component rectangle with the gradient inside of it, and reuse that... I was creating the gradient as a fill color and saving that as a color asset, not a component. So it is only saving the colors in the gradient, which I understand.... but it would still be nice if the colors assets would save the gradient's positioning, not just the colors. Either way I found a good enough solution for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your feedback and great to hear you're able to find the solution for this. The team updated me that yes that is a known limitation of color styles with gradients in XD. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines