• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradients not importing properly

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When copying an object from Illustrator that contains a gradient into XD the gradient is not setup correctly. When looking into the issue I came across this article https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/xd/help/gradients.html and saw that an SVG is needed. So I saved my icons as SVGs and imported those but the same problem persists.You can see in the attched screenshot of how far off the gradient is from the shape, plus each stop point is right on top of each other. This is annoyingly time consuming to have to fix them.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Hello Sarah,

Thanks for sending the file I am able to reproduce the issue. We have logged the issue internally and we are prioritizing the issue.

Regards,

Arpitha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the AI sample file? and let know the version of AI & XD. I have tested the same and for me, it works fine. 

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah,

We are sorry to hear you're facing trouble. We would like to know a few more details like-

• What is the OS & XD version of your machine?
  • Could you please share a short video of the issue? So that we can understand better.
  • If possible please provide us the sample files.

Regards,

Arpitha

Screenshot 2019-11-19 at 3.07.47 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, Thanks for responding. My OS is 10.14.5, Illustrator is 24.0 and XD is 24.3.22.2. When further playing around with it it seems to only affect gradients that are not vertical or horizontal. So if I have a gradient at an angle it is not honoured. I have a video showing the issue and can share my Illistrator file.

Ok I can't seem to add my Illistrator file, says not supported file type even though it is an .ai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sarah,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately, we are not able to reproduce issue can you please provide me the file so we can help in solving the issue.

Regards,

Arpitha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too tried different ways of gradients in AI - 24.0 and then copy-pasted to XD - 24.3.22.2 on macOS 10.15.1 and I was not able to Re-produce the same.  

You can upload the .ai file to your google drive or dropbox and share the sharable link with us.

Vishu Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tr51p0lnup9ras3/AAA0uloRuBGlVAj4aSsroGsEa?dl=0
Here is the link to the file. I recommend using one of the objects from the active layer as those gradients are at an angle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue in XD when copying pasting from your AI file. But it seems to be the issue of illustrator the way shapes are created or maybe it was created in older version of AI. Because when I am creating the new shapes using the ellipse tool and apply the same gradient then it comes perfectly fine in XD. 

Vishu Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't surprise me, it is an older file. Thank you for investigating this for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sarah,

Thanks for sending the file I am able to reproduce the issue. We have logged the issue internally and we are prioritizing the issue.

Regards,

Arpitha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I had the same problem. I've imported an svg file containing complex gradients (more than two colors, displaced beginning and end of gradient, angle...) on different shapes from Illustrator to XD and there each gradient had an angle of 0° and was centered.

My solution was to select each shape and click combine paths in the pathfinder tool (even if it was just one shape). After repeating this for every shape with a gradient in Illustrator the whole graphic was imported correctly in XD.

See attached screenshot.Screenshot_GradientImport-XD-SolutionScreenshot_GradientImport-XD-Solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey... atleast don't make us waste our time marking the answer as "Solved" or "correct". It's far from solved... it's simply consigned to oblivion.

Each week I have to lose hours searching for solutions to the myriad of XD bugs and issues... all are "solved". Obviously, when you think you found your salvation, you face a crude answer from 2016 telling it's in the backlog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this fixed? Because Boy  I paid hella expensive for Adobe and it gave me this problem that could potentially mess things up.. 🙂 Would just like to know updates on this because I tried copying my illustration and it does not work still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We understand how frustrating it could be. I am checking with the team regarding this issue and about the status of the bug. I will share the updates with you as soon as I hear back from the team.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have got the update on the bug that it is still in open status and the team is still working on it. We will update you as soon as we hear any updates on the bug in future.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 14.10.2020 - what's the status of this bug? It's almost one year old and it makes impossible to work on this software we are all paying for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

October 2020 so almost a year and they haven't done anything with this - like with a lot of other, 2-3 year old bugs.

Nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

내일은 크리스마스입니다. 동일한 그라데이션 개체 붙여넣기 오류가 내 작업에서 발생했습니다. 나를 위해, 나는 또한 내 작업의 그라데이션 오류를 해결하기 위해 구글과 유튜브 리뷰를 검색했다. 그러나 일러스트레이터및 XD. 두 응용 프로그램에 대해 그라데이션 개체 오류를 패치하거나 수정할 수 있다는 소식은 아직 없습니다.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

여기에 수정이 있습니다.
그라디언트 개체를 선택하고 Pathfinder > Unite > 그때 Merge.
그라디언트로 채색 된 각 개체로 수행하십시오. 그런 다음 SVG로 저장

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still got the same issue, almost 2 years after this issue was reported here. @HARSHIKA_VERMA Could you please prioritize this issue and update us asap. We all pay for these programs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it's June and the bug is still here 😞 It's frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still has not been resolved!??

I to am trying to copy SIMPLE gradients from .ai to xd and the issue is still there. Please can you fix this asap.

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works in sketch 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@user1732278  Arpitha, how is that prioritizing going? It's February 2022 and still hasn't been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines