• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphics with a gradient taken from CC Library into Adobe XD display the gradient incorrectly.

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish to create an object with a gradient in Illustrator, add it as a graphic in my CC Library, and take it from my CC Library into XD. However, when I place the Graphic in XD, the gradient is not visible, instead displaying a solid color. 

I am able to copy and paste the object directly from Illustrator into XD and the gradient works, but I would like to use the live update feature of the CC Library.  

TOPICS
Data loss , How to , Missing feature , Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Hi Rishabh,

Thanks for getting back to me. Luckily, I updated XD to 31.0.12 this morning, which appears to have resolved the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Thanks for reaching out, we'll try our best to help you with it. Will it be possible for you to share some screenshot or a small video capturing the workflow and what exactly is happening at your end? We'll also need the version of Adobe XD and the operating system to reproduce this issue on our end.

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

Thanks for getting back to me. Luckily, I updated XD to 31.0.12 this morning, which appears to have resolved the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I'm having this problem too, gradients in objects from library in XD are not properly displayed. I'm using Windows 10 Pro, Illustrator 24.2.3 and XD 32.0.22.11.

Steps:
1. Draw rectangle in Illustrator
2. Select gradient tool, apply default linear gradient from white to black
3. Select rectangle, and in the Library window, click Add Content button > Graphic
4. In XD, open CC Library, and drag the shared rectangle with gradient to the artboard

The rectangle displays with a solid color, instead of its original gradient. If I click in the green link icon to unlink the object from my library and select the fill box, it shows as a linear gradient applied, but it doesn't reflect it on the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing the video and additional information. I check if Illustrator also needs to be updated. Could you please update Illustrator to 24.3 version and let us know if that helps?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,
My CC informs that 24.2.3 is the latest version avaiable, even more recent than informed at https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/release-notes.html

illustrator-version.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

I still have this problem. Although I have the latest versions of Illustrator and Adobe XD.

This is a screenshot, taken from XD. I have placed a screenshot from my element/layer structure in Illustrator next to it. As you can see, the layer with the gradient is displayed as solid color when importet from the library, but works fine when I copy/paste the same element from my artboard in Illustrator directly to XD
gradient-problem.png

This are the versions of Illustrator and XD:
acobe-version.png

Why is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi everyone,

unfortunately this problem still exists.

I tried several workarounds, but the second the graphic is imported from the library, the gradient is displayed wrong. Actually the gradient is there, but the way it is shown is incorrect. When zoomed in, the gradient is visible its just not mathcing to its original. I attached a few screens as well.

If I place the graphic via Copy + Paste it works, but I am working on a project where gradients are used pretty often on many icons so I would like to avoid placing all graphics as single elements.

macOS Big Sur 11.4

Illustrator v 25.3.1

XD v 41.1.12

If you need more information just let me know. 

Best Regards,

Dietrich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines