• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grouped layer automatically expands when hidden in XD.

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be a bug where hiding a group will expand said group if one of its layers are selected:

• create a layer (e.g. rectangle shape)
  • put the layer in a group
  • select the layer
  • collapse the group
  • hide the group

Expected: group remains collapsed

Actual: group expands

This is super frustrating because the fact I've hidden the group means I'm not interested in it nor its contents. So automatically expanding it is a huge pain.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

This has not bothered me personally so far because I assume I don't usually select elements inside a group I'm about to hide - but do upvote this: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/39016120-collapse-group-when-nested-layer-is-selected

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you are facing odd trouble with layers. I am unable to reproduce the same at my end on windows machine. Would you mind sharing the OS and XD version of your machine? Is it happening with all the files?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply!

macOS 10.15.4

Adobe XD 28.7.12.4

It happens on all files, the screen recording I attached is of a brand new, blank file.

Let me know if I can provide any more info.

Thanks!

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... sorrry wrong account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has not bothered me personally so far because I assume I don't usually select elements inside a group I'm about to hide - but do upvote this: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/39016120-collapse-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I wasn't sure if the Uservoice site was supposed to be used for bug reports, so I posted to this forum instead.

It's true that on the surface it sounds like a weird edge case... but it happens to me all day everyday. Often enough to make me want to report it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I'll share your feedback with the Engineering team and I'd request you to upvote the UserVoice request shared by Kenneth. This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases

Feel free to reach out to us, if you have any other questions or issues in the future.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce the result, and also prevent it, on my Mac with the same XD version.

The difference (and perhaps a good reason) is that the Group automatically expands (upon hiding) when you still have an element inside of the group selected ! Adobe XD still wants/tries/needs to show you the selected element...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Peter. I think I understand what the app is trying to do (and why it's doing it)... I guess my point is that what it's doing is counter-intuitive to me and adds friction to my workflow.

Thanks!

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines