• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grouping Assets in to "folders"

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When designing a Design System (a UI Kit) we often create a web sites that share the design system with users. There is often a direct connection between the content of this site and libraries built in Xd. One thing that we frequently do with these sites is group content into buckets (i.e. Compontents/Buttons/Primary). I would be nice to mimic this in the assets pane. I would like to be able to group things like fonts and compontents. When we have a lot of colors, styles and components the performance and ux suffer when I have to scroll through huge lists.

Just a thought, Please share if I am missing this feature.

p.s. For those sketch users... I am looking for the same funtionality as naming symbols with slashes (i.e. "Buttons/Primary/Small" and "Buttons/Primary/Large") which resutls in:

buttons

--primary

----small

----large

--secondary

---- and so on...

TOPICS
Design , Missing feature , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback. It looks like you're looking for the similar functionality requested here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/33272584-organize-assets-panel-objects-symbols-components If so, I would request you to please cast your vote and share your feedback to the UserVoice link shared. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is long requested feature and is already in Adobe's "Backlog".
However, why invest in component managemnt if u can animated dashes instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback. It looks like you're looking for the similar functionality requested here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/33272584-organize-... If so, I would request you to please cast your vote and share your feedback to the UserVoice link shared. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines