Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Half my Pictures apear as white Rectangles

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

When I just opened an XD file from about a week ago to continue working on it I noticed that about half my pictures appeared as plain white rectangles.

In the Preview of the File the Pictures are still visible but as soon as I open it they are gone. Has anybody ever experienced that Issue or knows how to solve it?

Kind Regards and thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

I've deconstructed the image containers and there isn't anything obviously wrong with the document.

How did you place the images in your document? Did you import some and copy and paste others?

Since you have a prototype that shows the images and these images aren't on your computer have you considered using screen captures to replace them? If you can get the images I would recommend that you import them rather than paste them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this only happen with this one file or can you recreate it in a new document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to replace them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cmgap It only happens in this one File. I just tried to recreate the Problem but can't find out what triggered the Pictures Disappearing.

@Ares Hovhannesyan I would replace them but I don't have the pictures on this Computer. Its just that they are still in the file but appear white with a gray Border, as if you would draw a new rectangle.

As an example, what a tile used to look like vs. what it looks like now.

before.JPGnow.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see it in the Layers pane? May be the mask and the image have been ungrouped?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't work on the pages where the Pictures that are missing were when they disappeared.

The picture attached shows the group of the tile I posted before.

Group.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you would like to share the document via dropbox or CC we can take a look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would appreciate that very much, thank you.

This is the file

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvNQAxhpczJ1hV-0QnftXFOERJ_z

And this is what it is supposed to look like

Adobe XD CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've deconstructed the image containers and there isn't anything obviously wrong with the document.

How did you place the images in your document? Did you import some and copy and paste others?

Since you have a prototype that shows the images and these images aren't on your computer have you considered using screen captures to replace them? If you can get the images I would recommend that you import them rather than paste them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I make screen shots as cmgap​ suggest for you. may this can help you to replace images1.JPG3.JPG2.JPG1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines