Exit

Half pixels.

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey.

Trying Adobe XD right now after another tool. The issue is:

When I'm moving group of elements their coordinates going like .1 .2 .3 .4 and etc. and when I'm using option 'Align to pixel' and sometimes getting an alignment to .5

It's pretty annoying to be honest. Am I missing some settings or something like that?

Never experienced this in other tools, so would like to know how to work with that.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Yes, behavior when scaling multiple items is still the same. I was referring to using Align to Pixel Grid.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All basic shapes will have whole number values when you Snap to Pixels, except for Lines.

Lines are 1px by default so they pixel snap to .5 values so the Line falls on whole pixels.

Does that make sense?

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Snap items within group to pixel when resizing (or multiple selection) – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature...

Here it is, you'll understand better what I'm talking about

Just wondering, is it still like that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, behavior when scaling multiple items is still the same. I was referring to using Align to Pixel Grid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Randy @Randy_Edmunds , this bug was supposed to be solved in Aug 28 according to this official thread: 

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/16962847-snap-item...

But i have version 30.2.12.3 (the current one) and this keeps happening:

not-pixel.gif

That bug is marked as resolved and it shouldnt, this keeps happening and the only way i found to "solve" it was to have a 1px square grid and force everything to align to that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines