Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[HARDWARE]-Unwanted zoom with spacebar and wacom tablet while using XD on macOS

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

On my Macbook pro with an Intuos Wacom tablet, just after i'm using the hand tool (holding the spacebar and drag the artboard) XD make a zoom in the artboard !

I have to unplug and replug the hub USB to correct the problem.

I'm on Catalina 10.15.3 with the lastest version of Adobe XD.

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Hi, kindly go to wacom properties and "un check the windows ink" then try. it,s worksXD Solve.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

1. Are you using a Stylus with the Wacom Tablet?
  2. Please check if the Wacom drivers are up to date?
  3. Does this happen on a specific file or multiple files?
  4. If this is happening on multiple files, you can try resetting the preferences for Wacom Tablet. Please follow the steps shared on this help article: https://www.wacom.com/en-in/support?guideTitle=How-to-delete-Wacom-User-Preferences%3F&guideId=001-672

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

1. Are you using a Stylus with the Wacom Tablet?
  2. Please check if the Wacom drivers are up to date?
  3. Does this happen on a specific file or multiple files?
  4. If this is happening on multiple files, you can try resetting the preferences for Wacom Tablet. Please follow the steps shared on this help article: https://www.wacom.com/en-in/support?guideTitle=How-to-delete-Wacom-User-Preferences%3F&guideId=001-6...

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Yes i'm using the stylus
  2. The tablet's drivers are up to date
  3. On multiple files
  4. I just resetting the parameters and it seems to work fine !

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it has been resolved! Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or issues in the future. Thanks!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my first time using XD. I just updated it this morning, and am working off of Windows 10. Unfortunately, the program is unable to let me pan around at all. The tutorial says to use the trackpad, or to use the space bar to activate the hand tool. Neither of these work for me. The trackpad is doing nothing, and when I hold the space bar, it shows the hand symbol, but does not let me move around whatsoever. Does anyone know of a fix to this? I have already tried numerous routes suggested in other Q&A's but the problem still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried, and both things work. If you have trackpad you need to use two fingers to get the pan to work (and don't press the trackpad's button, just move your two fingers across it). You can also zoom by pinching with two fingers.

For the spacebar approach you need to hold down the spacebar, not just tap it once. Also make sure that you're not editing text at the time, otherwise the space characters will go into the text field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! The two finger approach works for the trackpad. Unfortunately, holding down the spacebar is what I have been doing, and that doesn't work still. Being as the spacebar technique is my preferred method of scrolling, I am hoping there is a fix to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to check, when holding the spacebar are you clicking and dragging to pan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was a good idea to ask that! Hopefully Trevor wasn't dragging and that would solve the spacebar problem.

But, if you think about it, why not make it work without dragging? You're holding down the spacebar for some reason, why not pan without requiring a drag? Just watch where the mouse pointer is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clicking and dragging, but I am dragging with the mouse. Is there something else I am supposed to do instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just moving the mouse around, or stroking a trackpad with one finger, isn't enough. You need to hold down the spacebar, press the mouse button and keep it pressed, then move it around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been looking at XD and have the same issue on Windows 10.

I downloaded and opened the web wire-frames file and everything is tiny so I zoom in but then no way to pan, when I press spacebar the hand tool appears but no panning is possible and the two finger option doesn't work for me either. Just no way to pan, so uninstalling now and have no time to mess around with programs where basic features are missing and others don't seem to work. How long have Adobe been developing this?

Honestly Adobe XD is pretty sparse, if you'd kept on developing Fireworks you could have had an all round tool that would have been far more accomplished and you wouldn't have lost so many Mac customers to Sketch !! ... KARMA.

FYI I believe Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo integration is going to be much tighter in the next or future version. That will make it a far superior option to Adobe for web/mobile mock ups for Windows users. In other words it'll be like Fireworks with bitmap and vector editing integrated and fast workflow

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, kindly go to wacom properties and "un check the windows ink" then try. it,s worksXD Solve.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, solved my problem. I couldn't pan with the pen on my wacom tablet while pressing the space bar, only with the mouse. Now it works with the pen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD. We would be happy to help.

Thnaks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the XP-Pen tablet, and have the issue of not being able to pan with the Space help down. I don't see this 'Use Wondows Ink' checkbox. Any ideas for me please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this solution! It's saved me so much agony using my laptop trackpad to scroll around XD.

This worked for my Wacom Cintiq 16.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On a Wacom Cintiq 16 - as of 9/3/21 updates, the Windows Ink checkbox can be found in the following way:

1. Launch the Wacom Desktop Center
  2. Select your Cintiq 16 device
  3. Got to 'Pen Settings'
  4. Go to 'Calibrate'
  5. Uncheck 'Use Windows Ink'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not work with a touchpad on a laptop.  Holding down the spacebar and left side of my touchpad does not work.   I have to plug in a USB mouse and use the left button on that to get the pan to work.  I don't always want to plug in a mouse. Is there some workaround where a touchpad can be used with panning or does Adobe plan to fix this glitch with the new October update?

Being able to pan and navigate my file is a huge necessity to using this software and if I can't pan I have to choose other software until Adobe can make this usable on a laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try two fingers on the mouse pad, it might work but its NOT very intuitive, it sort of worked for me but was a bit hit and miss ... I've finished looking at XD its too sparse in features for our taste.

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hit and miss feel of it was true for me too, when the default lines was 13 and default characters was 3. With 20, 20, it's pretty nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spacebar-drag continues to work for me, and you can let go of the spacebar after you start dragging.

Here's an interesting thing, though it may be because I'm running Windows 10 on my Mac, but I am able to use two fingers to pan the page. The pan speed is slow though, but that's changeable in the mouse settings. Setting the two numbers to be 20 lines and 20 characters made two finger panning work as smoothly on Windows as it does on Mac:

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 10.28.55 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try pressing down the middle mouse button and move the mouse. Works for me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Work for me too=)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use wacom one tablet instead of Mouse and realized that it doesn't work the way it does with mouse.

Any solution for this. I am using Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines