• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Hardware]-XD not recognizing gamepad input.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have used Adobe XD with gamepad input without problems for the past week. 

Now, suddenly, it does not receive the input for setting transition triggers.

I have tried all possible "basic" fixes such as changing controller, uninstalling, restarting etc. The controller works perfectly on windows in any other open application. Just XD does not seem to receive the input.

Anyone has suggestions or has encountered this issue as well?

Thanks!

Agnes

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Thank you everyone for reporting this issue and sorry for the wait. The XD Windows Xbox and PlayStation problems have been fixed in XD 39 which was just released today. Along with this fix, we have also added support for Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5 DualSense controllers, and added the following features:

• Gamepad triggers between component states
  • Keyboard triggers between component states
  • Voice triggers between component states

Here's a video showing the new states features:
https://youtu.be/y439flsxqhc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Agnes,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble using gamepad triggers in XD. I am unable to reproduce the similar behavior at my end on my windows machine. Is it possible for you to share a short video of your workflow for better understanding? What is the OS and XD version of your machine? Is it happening with a specific file or all the files?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Harshika, 

it is happening with all the files, since today. I think I have the latest version of XD as I tried to update today, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again. I am on Microsoft Windows 10 enterprise. 

Here is a video, hope it shows the issue!

https://youtu.be/aQT0fYiaakU

Thanks

Agnesss

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the additional information. I am unable to see the video, could you please share the video again?

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Harshika, 

Tried again with the video, hope it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQT0fYiaakU&feature=youtu.be

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using PS controler is NOT A SOLUTION. I have a HUGE prototype set with Xbox controller because its a company requirement to use XBOX prompts. Is it ok for you to say in your prototype that a person should press Y, but it will only work if this user presses triangle? THIS IS NOT A SOLUTION. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, 

I suppose no one else has had similar problems, or no one found a solution yet to this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little update: it works fine with PS4 controllers, it does not work with XBOX controllers. 

I have checked with a colleague with a similar issue. Hope this helps anyone elese that might encounter this problem 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response and thank you for sharing the information. We will check with the team about this and share the update.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on the Xbox controller support issue? It has almost been a year now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work with any controllers for me, if i want to use D-PAD or thumbsticks. PS or Xbox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same problem with Xbox controller, and a colleague of mine has it as well. I tested this new gamepad functionality earlier this year, and I've never gotten it working with any Xbox controller connected via USB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having the same issue as been described earlier in the thread, I'm trying to use the Xbox controller, but not able to set any input, I'm able to set keyboard keys for that, any answer for this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue, not only triggers LT and RT no longer works, they were removed from past prototypes I had working. Also, it does not recognize analog directional gamepad stickers. This is really bad, you cannot remove a feature and tell me to buy a different gamepad. What if tomorrow PS gamepad is no longer recognized? Is adobe XD trustworthy? I am using enterprise license exactly because XD claimed to support keys and gamepad on prototype. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, this is really a joke. Why remove this feature? I am really using adobe XD only because I couldnt find a way to migrate to another software. I have game prototype with about 100 screens all connected and relying on LT/RT - left and right sticks to work. This is very unprofessional. You had it working, now not anymore. I regret. I should just be using figma now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rely on this behaviour. It's been an entire year and it's still not fixed. This is simply not good enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am also having issues with LT and RT no longer working for the xbox controller.

Please can we have an update on this situation, I rely heavily on this functionality, and would really appreciate an estimated fix date.

Thanks,

Josh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this bug could be fixed, that'd be just great.

Meanwhile, a cumbersome workaround for local usage is to Gopher, which lets you map Xbox controller buttons so that they register as keyboard buttons:
https://github.com/Tylemagne/Gopher360

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? I purchased a new Xbox controller and I can't even use it on XD. The most frustrating thing is that Adobe didn't give any updates.

When they say "We will check with the team about this and share the update.", which they said a year ago, you know they will most likely not come back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey just to keep pleople in the loop, this is as far as I got with this issue on a seperate thread. 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/xd-prototypes-game-pad-controllers-no-longer-working/m-p/118...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone for reporting this issue and sorry for the wait. The XD Windows Xbox and PlayStation problems have been fixed in XD 39 which was just released today. Along with this fix, we have also added support for Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5 DualSense controllers, and added the following features:

• Gamepad triggers between component states
  • Keyboard triggers between component states
  • Voice triggers between component states

Here's a video showing the new states features:
https://youtu.be/y439flsxqhc

David Alcala

Adobe XD QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for letting us know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated to XD 39 and still can't get this to work. The application recognises my gamepad inputs scrolling up and down the Interaction > Trigger menu, but it won't bind to any input when I try to assign it. (Literally no button on the gamepad is recognised to assign it)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to latest version of XD and Xbox360 controller can't be assigned to any key. It seems like there's simply no input on XD, even tho other Windows applications recognize the controller just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated to 39, It's working fine for xbox one and ps4 controller and newer.

I've not tested any controllers older than that, maybe they have stopped support for that gen on controller?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines