Highlighted

[Hardware]-XD not recognizing gamepad input.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have used Adobe XD with gamepad input without problems for the past week. 

Now, suddenly, it does not receive the input for setting transition triggers.

I have tried all possible "basic" fixes such as changing controller, uninstalling, restarting etc. The controller works perfectly on windows in any other open application. Just XD does not seem to receive the input.

Anyone has suggestions or has encountered this issue as well?

Thanks!

Agnes

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Correct answer by Agnesss | Community Beginner

A little update: it works fine with PS4 controllers, it does not work with XBOX controllers. 

I have checked with a colleague with a similar issue. Hope this helps anyone elese that might encounter this problem 🙂 

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

[Hardware]-XD not recognizing gamepad input.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have used Adobe XD with gamepad input without problems for the past week. 

Now, suddenly, it does not receive the input for setting transition triggers.

I have tried all possible "basic" fixes such as changing controller, uninstalling, restarting etc. The controller works perfectly on windows in any other open application. Just XD does not seem to receive the input.

Anyone has suggestions or has encountered this issue as well?

Thanks!

Agnes

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Correct answer by Agnesss | Community Beginner

A little update: it works fine with PS4 controllers, it does not work with XBOX controllers. 

I have checked with a colleague with a similar issue. Hope this helps anyone elese that might encounter this problem 🙂 

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 11, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Agnes,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble using gamepad triggers in XD. I am unable to reproduce the similar behavior at my end on my windows machine. Is it possible for you to share a short video of your workflow for better understanding? What is the OS and XD version of your machine? Is it happening with a specific file or all the files?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 11, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Harshika, 

it is happening with all the files, since today. I think I have the latest version of XD as I tried to update today, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again. I am on Microsoft Windows 10 enterprise. 

Here is a video, hope it shows the issue!

https://youtu.be/aQT0fYiaakU

Thanks

Agnesss

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 11, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the additional information. I am unable to see the video, could you please share the video again?

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 11, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Harshika, 

Tried again with the video, hope it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQT0fYiaakU&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, 

I suppose no one else has had similar problems, or no one found a solution yet to this problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 16, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 16, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response and thank you for sharing the information. We will check with the team about this and share the update.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same problem with Xbox controller, and a colleague of mine has it as well. I tested this new gamepad functionality earlier this year, and I've never gotten it working with any Xbox controller connected via USB.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0
Subah LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having the same issue as been described earlier in the thread, I'm trying to use the Xbox controller, but not able to set any input, I'm able to set keyboard keys for that, any answer for this issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0