• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has anyone figured out how to paste screenshots at the same size you copied them?

Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a screenshot of something while you're in XD, and when you paste it, it's HUGE. This really slows things down when you're trying to do ultra-rapid prototyping. How can I paste at the exact size of the element I just copied? 

I've seen other people with this issue on other forums but never a solution. Just thought I'd check if anyone had found a solution. 

2021-06-09_19-13-46.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe.

Sorry to hear that you're facing this issue.

We have taken a note of this and have raised a ticket to engineering team. Hopefully you'll see the fix in fututre releases of XD.

Thanks,

Nawneet

<Marking as correct only to highlight>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, what is the update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could please detail a little more your workflow or is it possible to attach a video so I could better understand the steps here?

When you say "Take a screenshot of something while you're in XD" you take screenshot of something from XD? or outside of XD?

Thanks

Corina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take a screenshot of something within XD. I just use a short cut for taking a screenshot (I am on a Mac, but it's similar to Print Screen on a PC). Cmd + Ctrl + Shift + 4. So the element is now in my clipboard. When I paste, the size issue happens.

This never was an issue when I used Sketch. I would use the exact same process, and I could paste an element directly on top of the larger image. This is important if you're doing rapid prototyping and don't need something to be functional, but are just quickly moving things around. It's terrible to have to worry that you now have an element which is the wrong size completely and you have to "fake it" and try to make it the right size. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines