• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! How do I resize assets automatically, help me to become a professional :"P

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi People, 

So i've been working in XD lately, very nice software.

I can't seem to find any good approach for using/resizing icons/symbols. 

When I make a design. I use a square icon placeholder which is an asset (in my asset list) So I can later swap in the right icons from my asset list easily. 

But when I resize the icon placeholder, and later swap in another icon. The new icon keeps its original size. How do I let the icons resize to the new size? 

Now I do it like so: (this doesn't work) 

1. Here you see the square (placeholder) I resized it manually (the little square underneath it) then I copied both to display what goes wrong.

2. I click/dragged the icon I want on the placeholders location, first the same size. This goes well! 🙂

3. Now I want to do the same for the resized placeholder, but the icon stays the original size. 

I would like to learn how to approach this correctly. 

Or how should I create this professionally, if the way I approach this isn't correct/as designed. 

Thank you all in advance!

Olmo

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you for raising the query,. Well swapping of components doesn't work like this. Whatever the size of master component in Asset panel ,same will be reflect on canvas irrespective of size of already placed component. If you want to change size you need to do manually on individual or you can set size of master component,it will get reflected in all instances.

Regards,

Anita Subedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines