Highlighted

Help - No "link assets" button...

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just spent over 2 hours trying to understand a problem without finding a solution. I created an XD document with assets that I saved to the cloud. I would now like to be able to create a new document and import the assets of the first one into this new project. I have watched several tutorials, it seems very simple but my problem is that I don't have any "link assets" button in the assets panel when I create a new document and I don't understand why ... if someone one can help me, thank you very much in advance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Help - No "link assets" button...

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just spent over 2 hours trying to understand a problem without finding a solution. I created an XD document with assets that I saved to the cloud. I would now like to be able to create a new document and import the assets of the first one into this new project. I have watched several tutorials, it seems very simple but my problem is that I don't have any "link assets" button in the assets panel when I create a new document and I don't understand why ... if someone one can help me, thank you very much in advance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 29, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please refer to this article on linked assets: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/work-with-assets-and-libraries-xd.html and let us know if this helps. In case if it still doesn't work, please share a small video or a few screenshots of what exactly is happening at your end?

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your reply. Here are some captures, but my interface is in French.

1. My first document, saved 'online' with the assets defined (colors)1.png

2. My new document, with the assets panel open, no "link assets" button

2.png

3. When I click on "parcourir les bibliothèques / browse the libraries", I don't see anything, I'm lost 🙂3.png

Thank you again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the button I'm looking for, saw in many tutorials.

link_assets_55-01.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response. Please update XD to the latest version which is XD 34.3 and let us know if it works or if you need any further assistance. For more information on working with assets, you can also refer to this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/user-guide.html/xd/help/work-with-assets-and-libraries-xd.ug.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
I have the same problem.
Before the latest update, I used to be able to use assets from cloud files on new documents I created.
Now, the only way to use these link assets is if I convert the cloud file into a library.

Is there another way I can use assets links from cloud files without creating a library? This was possible before...

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 1
JenBR LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
I have the same problem.
Before the latest update, I used to be able to use assets from cloud files on new documents I created.
Now, the only way to use these link assets is if I convert the cloud file into a library.

Is there another way I can use assets links from cloud files without creating a library? This was possible before...

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2020 0