• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with tutorial: using txt file and replacing placeholder

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, total newbie in this so would appreciate any answers to be as detailed as possible and explained in layman's terms please

I watched this tutorial but couldn't figure out a couple of things: Lay out and design your app or website |  > create your high fidelity design

Question 1: at the 1:00 mark, the host talks about replacing placeholder with the actual content I want to substitute it with. I don't get how she does it. Can someone list out the step-by-step instructions please?

Question 2: at the 1:45 mark, the host talks about replacing text with txt file. And onscreen, I see her replacing the text in the 3 buttons all at the same time. How does she do that? How should the txt file be formatted in the first place to achieve this effect? Like, in my txt file, how do I separate the phrases "sign in with Facebook", "sign in with Twitter" and "sign in with Email"?

Thanks for the help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Q1: You have a Symbol. It has a placeholder image you want to replace.

First, copy the new image. Then double click the Symbol on an Artboard - this will take you inside the Symbol. Then paste the new image. Now new image is inside the Symbol and you will see all the other Symbol instances are showing the new image added. Then delete the existing placeholder image.

Q2: You want to change the button labels in one go.

First, create a button: a rectangle shape and a text on top. The text can be anythi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Q1: You have a Symbol. It has a placeholder image you want to replace.

First, copy the new image. Then double click the Symbol on an Artboard - this will take you inside the Symbol. Then paste the new image. Now new image is inside the Symbol and you will see all the other Symbol instances are showing the new image added. Then delete the existing placeholder image.

Q2: You want to change the button labels in one go.

First, create a button: a rectangle shape and a text on top. The text can be anything, like "Button". Group the shape and the text.

Then create a Repeat Grid so that you have three buttons. Select the Group and click on the Repeat Grid button, and drag the handle downwards (or towards right-hand side) until you see three buttons.

Next, create a .TXT file containing button labels:

Sign in with Facebook

Sign in with Twitter

Sign in with Email

Now drag the .TXT file from your OS filesystem onto the text of your first button in your Repeat Grid. The text area will highlight. Then drop the .TXT file.

Your three buttons should now show the button labels in the .TXT file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines