• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Home tab broken; Can't create new document.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe XD home tab is empty. I can open the recent documents and the cloud tab workings. However, even when I try to use the file menu I can't add a new document. I am using mac

Screenshot 2021-01-11 at 18.01.05.jpg

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Hi Jaden,

I am sorry to hear you ran into trouble while opening XD. For few customers, the issue got fixed after trying these solutions-

1. Formatting hard disk and reinstalling BigSur. 

2. Uninstall XD, Close Adobe tasks, Delete all XD related files, Reinstall, create a new profile then it worked.

If you still face issues after trying any of the above solutions, please share the details asked below to investigate the issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to delete it and re-install it to see if it would help. It brought back an install that I previously had with the plugins not installing (Plugin Installation Failed error). Not sure if that information will help. This is an issue I have been experiencing even after the plugin issue had been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am dealing exactly the same issue. I am looking forward for a solution. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to contact the Adobe support via the chat. They then had to help me on my computer remotely. It was a long process, he had to uninstall XD, close Adobe tasks, delete all XD related files, reinstall, create a new profile then it worked. 

Some of the steps are list in this document to try it first. You may not have my exact issue.

https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/user-guide.html/xd/kb/fix-issues-with-xd-cloud-documents.ug.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment I have the same challenge, I am not able to create a new file in XD. As you can see on the screenshot there is a grey box behind the word Home. When I put my cursor above it, the little hand appears, but nothing happened. I followed all wise advice as written above and perform them all, but still I am not able to create the new file. I re-installed the Creative Cloud app, I re-installed XD, I restarted my iMac but still no possibility to create a new file. Hope someone can help me as I am in middle of a XD course.XD new file problem.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jaden,

I am sorry to hear you ran into trouble while opening XD. For few customers, the issue got fixed after trying these solutions-

1. Formatting hard disk and reinstalling BigSur. 

2. Uninstall XD, Close Adobe tasks, Delete all XD related files, Reinstall, create a new profile then it worked.

If you still face issues after trying any of the above solutions, please share the details asked below to investigate the issue.  

• Please generate the logs using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html 
  • Once the logs are generated, please upload them to a shared location such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message. 
  • Share the OS and XD versions of your machine and approximate local date and time it happened.

We will try our best to help.

Note: Please add the URL of the post over a PM for reference.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking as correct only to higlight>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. Jaden. I have logged a bug for your issue and the team is investigating it. I will share the updates with you as soon as I hear back from the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also re-installed XD, no difference. 

I have logged my issues but no email from adobe. I have a project to run on Monday that needs to be in XD. Please advise, this is urgent! Many thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dan,

I formatted my harddisk and re-installed Big Sur. Problems are gone. Not only is my iMac faster again, but, more important, XD works as it should be. It is a lot of work to re-install all software as I did not use Time Capsule, but is was worth it.

Hope this will help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats a big commitment. thanks for sharing but I don't have the time to do all that. Painful 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a pity. Hope you will find time in the nearby future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I understand how frustrating it could be for you. Could you please share the details asked by me in my previous post with me over a PM?

I will make sure to escalate the issue to the team for investigation.

Thanks,

Harshika 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To file and reinstall the OS is a ridiculous proposition of a problem with Adobe. As a supplier, look for the right solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean format and reinstall the OS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's broken again. I had to uninstall it because it kept crashing. Now I am having the same issue again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lesego,

We understand how frustrating it could be. Would you mind sharing the information asked by me here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/home-tab-broken-can-t-create-new-document/m-p/11782199#M4421... over a private message?

I will try my best to help.

Note: Please add the URL of the post over a PM for reference.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello - I am getting a 6364 error since updating to an M1 macbook pro running Monterey v12.1 - I've run through everything on this list and the problem persists. At this time I am unable to open / use / access XD. Please let me know if there is a compatibility issue with M1, Monterey or both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I've been unable do create new files. 

I go through File > New... and nothing happens

Here's what I get when I try to create a new file

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 10.50.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gabriel,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try the suggestions shared here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/home-tab-broken-can-t-create-new-document/m-p/11782199#M4421... and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I tried to uninstall and reinstall.

Running macOS 10.15.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same issue. I formatted the harddrive, re-installed macOS 11.2.1 again and everything is working fine now. I did not use Timecapsule to re-install my apps but downloaded all apps again. It was a lot of work but it was worth it. XD works as it should be.

Regards,

Marcel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ridiculous solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're absolutely right. It certainly is not the perfect solution. So you can stay under your blanket and keep on whining, blaming Adobe and waisting precious time or you can do something about it. Success!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am unable to create any new projects in Adobe XD. Neither Command+N or File > New work - nothing launches at all (no new XD windows or error messages). Launching XD shows a blank screen for Home, as the attached screenshot demonstrate.

XD Version: 37.1.32.2

macOS version: 10.15.6 (Catalina)

I can open other projects and work with them, but I can’t create a new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisa,

We are sorry to hear that you are unable to create a new project in XD. Would you mind sharing the information asked here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/home-tab-broken-can-t-create-new-document/m-p/11782199#M4421... over a private message so that I can again log a bug for your issue and escalate it to the team?

I will try my best to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines