• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Home tab broken; Can't create new document.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe XD home tab is empty. I can open the recent documents and the cloud tab workings. However, even when I try to use the file menu I can't add a new document. I am using mac

Screenshot 2021-01-11 at 18.01.05.jpg

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Hi Jaden,

I am sorry to hear you ran into trouble while opening XD. For few customers, the issue got fixed after trying these solutions-

1. Formatting hard disk and reinstalling BigSur. 

2. Uninstall XD, Close Adobe tasks, Delete all XD related files, Reinstall, create a new profile then it worked.

If you still face issues after trying any of the above solutions, please share the details asked below to investigate the issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have several problems with my Adobe XD. I've got the latest version and I tried eliminating it many times. 

When I open the software, the principal page doesn't show me anything: I can't create new files, even if I use the menu.

Moreover, I can't download any plug-in because it gives me "error" notifications.

What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you are facing issue with XD, we are aware of this  issue and team is working  on priority to fix it at earliest and the fix will be shipped in coming releases. Could you please share your OS version and XD version you are currently using so that we will add it to the bug.

Thanks for you patience.

Regards,

Rajasekhar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I've just downloaded the Adobe Xd and have the same issue.

iOS version: macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Xd version: 36.2.32

The screenshot:

Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 15.49.49.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly the same versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, try updating to version 37.0.32 and let us know if the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Unfortunately I've updated to version 37.0.32 but it hasn't solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried uninstalling the software using the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool? This way, in addition to uninstalling Adobe XD, any corrupt files will also be deleted. When finished, reinstall the software and see if the problem occurs again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already tried, but maybe I can make another attempt. I'll write here if I succeed in solving the problem in this way.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elena,

Could you please collect logs if you see this issue again  using https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and save any drive location(creative cloud, Google drive etc) and please share the link with us.

Regards,

Rajasekhar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elena,

Sorry for the trouble. In addition to what Rajasekhar has asked, we are also having the similar discussion here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/home-tab-broken-can-t-create-new-document/td-p/11743075 

wherein few customers shared the solutions the worked for them. Could you please check and let us know if any of them helped you as well?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently switched to a new Macbook Pro with M1 Chip. However, I have trouble opening Adobe XD. Every time I open it, I am stuck on this loading screen:

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 12.35.35 PM.png

I tried right-clicking on the icon and opening recent files. Only a few files loaded and others did not. I also cannot create any new files because I would get stuck in the loading screen.

I have also tried:

- Restarting laptop

- Uninstalling and reinstalling the app

So far nothing worked for me. I have googled around but I don't see many people having this issue. Right now I have to switch back and forth between laptops and it would be a great help if there is a way to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble with XD. We are already having a similar discussion regarding the issue here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/home-tab-broken-can-t-create-new-document/td-p/11743075. I would request you to please join the discussion and also try the solutions suggested.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't fix it , you can open an older file save as with a new name then clear everything and work on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the home screen is blank with no options. if you click new it displays the same thing...nothing... i can open files but i cannot create new files.

Screenshot 2021-02-25 at 09.23.23.png

i have tried multiple solutions from the forums. it has worked in the past but i wasn't using it so i deleted it and now i need it again but alas it does not work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are very sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with XD. We are aware of this issue and our team is working on priority to fix this.

I would suggest you to follow https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/home-tab-broken-can-t-create-new-document/td-p/11743075  this thread for further details. Some suggestions are given in that thread that might help you.

And also could you please share your OS and XD version.

Thank you,

Abhishek Das(Adobe XD Team)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the generic reply...

XD: was the latest build as of today (25 February 2021). i am unsure of the actual build because i got annoyed and deleted it and creative cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luca,

We understand your frustration and apologize for the bad experience. We are already tracking this issue in the bug. Although the team is definitely asking for the logs for all the customers so that they can track all the scenarios causing this issue. As far as bug status is concerned they are able to investigate it and you will definitely see improvements in the future releases of XD. 

Perhaps, it would be really helpful if you can share the logs with us that will help our team investigate more about your system situations. 

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hellp....

I really need to continue my work..

i have no idea, with this.. firstly i just install and update into the newest version, is that possible because im using the new processor from mac? M1? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what version of Adobe XD are you using? Have you checked for updates for the Creative Cloud app?

The fact that it is installed on a computer with an M1 processor shouldn't cause any problems, as the software is emulated with Rosetta 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issue, can't resume my work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind trying the steps shared in the correct answer of this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/home-tab-broken-can-t-create-new-document/m-p/11782199#M4421...?

If that doesn't help, please share the additional details asked so that we can escalate the issue to the team for further investigation.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 12.20.51 PM.png

I have tried installing and uninstalling several times but my XD always opens to this screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. I found a similar discussion which you can refer to here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/home-tab-broken-can-t-create-new-document/td-p/11743075 

Please try the solution suggested and in case if you are still experiencing the issue,  please share the details asked here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/home-tab-broken-can-t-create-new-document/m-p/11782199#M4421... and share with me through DM, by clicking on my name.

Note: While sending DM, please add this discussion link in the subject.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Due to a project need I've had to use XD, I've installed but the home screen/start screen is empty. there are no choices of artboards, its blank. please see screenshot. PLEASE HELP. I NEED TO JUMP INTO THIS PROJECT AS SOON AS! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issuu

Schermafbeelding 2021-02-04 om 13.48.18.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines