Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Horizontal scrolling in XD 30.0 on Windows

Engaged ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated XD (30) but can't make the horizontal scroll feature to work

I can make the vertical scroll to work (with mouse scroll when previewing), but the horizontal doesn't work. Am I missing something?

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Hi everyone,

I understand how you feel.

As Kenneth pointed out, there is a current limitation with the scroll working only using a trackpad in the browser. The team is aware of this limitation, and will be addressing it very soon in a future update. 

To share the horizontal scroll with developers through design specs, create an artboard with just the horizontal scroll and share it with them.

For more info, see https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-scroll-groups.html

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. In the latest dot release(30.2.12.3), we have added the ability to scroll or drag horizontally on Windows using a mouse while previewing on the XD app. The Click and drag support on Web browser would be available in the future releases meanwhile to scroll horizontally on the browser you can either scroll using a two-finger gesture on the track-pad or pressing and holding the mouse wheel or shift + scroll wheel.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Hi All,

Good news for you all. 🙂

The click and drag support on web browser is available now. Please feel free to update the discusssion if you face any issues.

We are here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesn´t work in the preview mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's strange. Are you on a Windows or Mac OS? And does it scroll when you use the trackpad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use windows 10 and to do the scroll I use the mouse pad, but it doesn't even work with the trackpad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated. In the prototype connection, page scrolling with mouse and scrolling group features not working. i am a mac user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thanks for your patience. In the latest dot release, we have added the ability to scroll or drag horizontally using a mouse. Please update to the latest version of XD which is 30.2.12.3.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awe man!   got my hopes up.

Works in XD preview now but not in Chrome or Firefox.   And now I've lost the ability to nudge it over a little bit at a time by clicking my scroll wheel left/right.

https://xd.adobe.com/view/7e1a93e1-daef-4b5b-b455-79df6ce4596e-2b49/?fullscreen&hints=off

Tried Presentation / User Testing / Design Review methods of publishing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shift Scroll wheel still works for me though in the browser!  YAY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you're using Shift Scroll wheel as a temporary workaround. We're adding click and drag support on the Web very soon, team is working on this now.

Best,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do wish you can make sure every feature works in local prototype mode on both Windows and Mac before release anything. If not every so called "upgrade" will feel like a downgrade. Mouse gestures is a must. Most designers in my company don't use a laptop or trackpad when designing. We use a stationary workstation with a seperate keyboard and mouse. And most users navigate with a mouse on desktop applications, at least in my country.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you felt that way about the update and point taken. Thanks for sharing the context of your working environment and the contrusctive feedback!

Best,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. In the latest dot release(30.2.12.3), we have added the ability to scroll or drag horizontally on Windows using a mouse while previewing on the XD app. The Click and drag support on Web browser would be available in the future releases meanwhile to scroll horizontally on the browser you can either scroll using a two-finger gesture on the track-pad or pressing and holding the mouse wheel or shift + scroll wheel.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Good news for you all. 🙂

The click and drag support on web browser is available now. Please feel free to update the discusssion if you face any issues.

We are here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tengo una consulta, generé un prototipo con la nueva funcionalidad del "scroll horizontal" que trajo la versión de XD 30.0, y puedo visualizarlo correctamente si hago un preview dentro del programa. El tema es que cuando genero un link para compartir el prototipo (ej. Behance) el prototipo en el link no me permite hacer el scroll horizontal. Esto a qué se debe? 

Prototipo-Alma-App.gif

Y en el link debajo está el que no puede scrollearse.

https://xd.adobe.com/view/18be2690-dc39-4305-98d9-72044c680216-4ded/?fullscreen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have opened the link of your prototype that you shared and, I can tell you, that the scrool works correctly if you use the touchpad. I also tried with the mouse, but in this case only the vertical one works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right I can with the trackpad but not with my mouse, and it's confusing for those who hasn't a notebook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fully understand. For sure the developers have already been informed of this and will be working on how to solve it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Horizontal scrolling does not work! but vertical scrolling working! why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Horizontal Scroll works in different in XD then the Vertical Scrolling..check the following link  - https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-scroll-groups.html

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Im experiencing problems with the group scroll, ive downloaded the Demo file "Notes-App-Demo.xd" and the vertical scrolling is working fine but the horizontal scroll is not working - at all, ive also noticed the bunch of items ive selected as a group scroll with text, the fonts looks strange, kind of blury and not clear.

please advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that horizontal and horizontal+vertical scrolling not working on Win 10 for me.aslo.Vertical works ok.

Step to reproduce.

1,create 3 -5 any horizontal objects 

2. Select them and turn on horizontal scrolling

3.Resize group size up to one object size.

3. Scrolling witn mous scroll not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm this is working for me in browser now! (Chrome on Windows)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the confirmation. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Horizontal Scroll" and "Vertical Scroll" works good. But the "Horizontal and Vertical Scroll" doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Real P are so so so x do pay O hoo hoo cool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working here, using Adobe XD on web, Chrome 86.0.4240.183, Ubuntu 20.04.1

Shift + scroll does nothing, and I can't drag the screen to scroll horizontally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines