Highlighted

Horizontal scrolling in XD 30.0 on Windows

Contributor ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated XD (30) but can't make the horizontal scroll feature to work

I can make the vertical scroll to work (with mouse scroll when previewing), but the horizontal doesn't work. Am I missing something?

{Renamed By MOD}

Hi All,

Good news for you all. 🙂

The click and drag support on web browser is available now. Please feel free to update the discusssion if you face any issues.

We are here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Horizontal scrolling in XD 30.0 on Windows

Contributor ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated XD (30) but can't make the horizontal scroll feature to work

I can make the vertical scroll to work (with mouse scroll when previewing), but the horizontal doesn't work. Am I missing something?

{Renamed By MOD}

Hi All,

Good news for you all. 🙂

The click and drag support on web browser is available now. Please feel free to update the discusssion if you face any issues.

We are here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 16, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The featuer Scroll Groups introduced in XD 30.0 now allows you to create scroll groups that can scroll horizontally, vertically, and in both directions! For more info, see https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-scroll-groups.html

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2019 5
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your implementation of scrolling is really, really, really poor. Falling behind Figma...Get your priorities straight and fix this!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 17, 2020 5
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate, I got the same problem, Did you found the solution?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Adobe XD 30.0, you can easily prototype Horizontal, Vertical, and Multi-dimensional scrolls. For more information, see https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-scroll-groups.html

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran, good morning

After installing Adobe XD update 30.0.12, in addition to the new stacking functionality having completely disappeared from the interface, the horizontal scrolling function is still inoperative.
What happened?
Help me please.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 2
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing an issue with horizontal scrolling on Windows. The horizontal scrolling feature is inoperative in preview mode.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 2
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same!
My guess is that to use the horiztonal scroll, we need an horizontal scrollwheel/trackpad to scroll horizontaly. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In design specs, use the trackpad to check the scroll effects. The capability to click and drag will be introduced in a future update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who comes across this later:
If you don't have a trackpad for vertical and horizontal scrolling, you can move the screen around by clicking and dragging the scroll wheel. Took me far too long and way too many Google searches to figure this out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2020 0
Participant ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesnt work here

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Please refer to this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-scroll-groups.html

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not being able to press and drag to scroll in preview mode. I'm using Windows 10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Horizontal scrolling doesn't work on Windows 10 while previewing the prototype (within XD or browser.) But I tried on my phone and it works.

Seems to be a problem with Windows.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 0
Participant ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here!

When we test the prototype: nothing. No scroll.

Edit: even with the sample file from your website: nothing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem!

Test on Windows 10 - No horizontl skroll

Test on Mac - Work (badly) No skrolling, work only click and Drag

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Can you try scrolling horizontally using the trackpad and confirm if it works? On Windows the mouse wheel interaction is limited to vertical scrolling. Click and drag to scroll support will be added in an upcoming release.

Best,

Dan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 1
Contributor ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luckily I'm using a laptop, but it didn't work with trackpad.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 1
Participant ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Click and drag to scroll support will be added in an upcoming release" hu Oo so it's not useable on laptop preview (without trackpad)??? Really hard to work with this if it's so.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback!

Could you please check that you have enabled touchpad scroll from your Windows settings->Touchpad->"Drag two fingers to scroll" ?

If horizontal scrolling in other aplications/Chrome does it work for you?

It would be helpful if you could attach a sample file where this issue is reproducing. Also, let me know what windows version and laptop model do you have.

Thanks,

Corina Murgila

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 2
Contributor ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not that used to the touchpad and didn't know it had the "two fingers" gesture to scroll. I tried it and it worked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great news! Thanks for the update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 0
Participant ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and for those who want to test it on a laptop with a mouse (on laptop you test often with you mouse)?
When this will be available please?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 0