Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Horizontal scrolling in XD 30.0 on Windows

Engaged ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated XD (30) but can't make the horizontal scroll feature to work

I can make the vertical scroll to work (with mouse scroll when previewing), but the horizontal doesn't work. Am I missing something?

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Hi everyone,

I understand how you feel.

As Kenneth pointed out, there is a current limitation with the scroll working only using a trackpad in the browser. The team is aware of this limitation, and will be addressing it very soon in a future update. 

To share the horizontal scroll with developers through design specs, create an artboard with just the horizontal scroll and share it with them.

For more info, see https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-scroll-groups.html

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. In the latest dot release(30.2.12.3), we have added the ability to scroll or drag horizontally on Windows using a mouse while previewing on the XD app. The Click and drag support on Web browser would be available in the future releases meanwhile to scroll horizontally on the browser you can either scroll using a two-finger gesture on the track-pad or pressing and holding the mouse wheel or shift + scroll wheel.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Hi All,

Good news for you all. 🙂

The click and drag support on web browser is available now. Please feel free to update the discusssion if you face any issues.

We are here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

Vertical scroll is still not working on Windows. Am all up to date for my app. When will this be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for your report. Unfortunately, we are having trouble reproducing this issue internally. Could you please provide us with the following information, so we can investigate further?

• an XD file where the issue is reproducible for you;
  • is it the desktop app or the web app where the scroll group does not scroll?
  • the browser name and version (if the issue is with the web app);
  • Windows version;
  • XD version (Menu -> Help -> About XD).

Thank you,

Catalin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I believe I have found the solution for Windows 10 and on Desktop computers.  If you hold your scroll wheel, your pointer will turn into hand and you will be able to move horizontally.

Dixon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines