• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hover Opacity

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to set up in Xd a thing where I have one image to change to another on hover; the best way I can think of is to have one image on top of another, and have the hover state change the opacity of the top image from 0% to 100%. How do I set this up?

Or is there a better way to do this effect?

TOPICS
How to , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

This is what you need to do. Open the layers panel, click the diamond, select the image and change its opacity. Repeat for the Hover state. Let me know if it worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what you're trying to achieve - https://xd.adobe.com/view/58a7b25b-386f-47b0-69c0-b972d81e77c3-2e96/

If yes, I have created an invisible square without fill & border in the XD logo component above the PS logo. Refer the screenshot - 

Screenshot 2019-11-19 at 10.12.44 AM.png

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really. What I have is an image converted to line art, and over top of that another image of that art as a photo. I'm trying to hover over the top image and have the opacity change from 0% to 100%. So far when I change the opacity, it changes for both, not just the hover state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean that when you change the opacity of hover state it actually changes the opacity of default state as well? if yes, then when you select the component double-click on it to see the object properties and then change the opacity then it will only change the opacity of hover state. 

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. Still can't get it to work. I double click the picture asset, do COMPONENT +, see the Default State, +, make a Hover State. With the Hover State selected, I adjust the APPEARANCE Opacity to 100%. Then with the Default State selected, I set the APPEARANCE Opacity to 0%. When I select the hover State again, the APPEARANCE Opacity is at 0%. I set it to 100%, select the Default State again, and the APPEARANCE Opacity is at 100%. And so on. 

Either I'm not doing this right, or something is broken or missing. I've created new documents to test this independantly and it's repeatable every single time. I've noticed that every time I double click the asset, the COMPONENT settings reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what you need to do. Open the layers panel, click the diamond, select the image and change its opacity. Repeat for the Hover state. Let me know if it worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked,thank alot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the help. It worked also for me, but it is a strabge way to do it. It would be much easier and intuitive if the opacity could be change in the Hover State directly... Please Adobe, fixe this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to dig up an old forum;

Neither what I think is the intended way for this to work, nor the workaround are working for me.

When I try to change the opacity for any state of a component, all the states follow suit. This happens regardless if I select the object in the layers tab or not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Parker,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble changing the opacity of the state. Could you please make sure you are not setting the entire component to 0, and not the contents of the state? Double click on the state and then make sure the object is selected and then change the opacity.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi man, I am not know if you solved this issue, but I have the answer. You must open the component, then you have two states: default an hover, you must select default, after that you must doing double click on the shape in your Artboard, this action will open the shape, then you must change the opacity to 100%, after that you must exit of the shape and repeat all but change default by hover and put the opacity in 0%. This is the solution. I hope can help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An easier way to achieve this is to click on the fill color box and change the opacity there. Then add your hover state and change the opacity the same way. There is no reason to click the diamond in the layer window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great observation and solutions. This will definitely help our customer fix their issue. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hey thank youu so much for this. it really helped !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines