• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How big can an XD file get before it starts causing problems

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current XD file I have in progress is +420 mb, and I can only see it getting larger. I have a mix of large res images placed in there along with web res. Assuming the former is bloating my file size, but I don't want to take the time to size em down.

So, question is how big is too big to fail; that is, when will XD fail to open or will my file go corrupt due to file size? It just bombed, but only the one time, so far.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an answer yet to the max file size in XD? 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, we aren't sure about this as of now. What we have seen is that there are some performance issues with huge projects during the publishing or saving process. The team is aware of these and is working towards improving performance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has been 4 years now. I don't see an answer to this question. Has this been answered? Is there a maximum file size limit in XD? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates to this?

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Id like to know this too please - what size is the max we can go to please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In figma, I have tons of screens, high-res images and etc. I switch to figma due to this issue where big files with lots of interactions will slow down the performance in Adobe XD. Everyone, use Figma for better performance. Because it can collaborate in ABSOLUTE REAL-TIME and also runs with WebAssembly which makes it so much faster performance! I quit using Adobe XD due to the performance issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have updates on this yet? I have similar issues but mine is regarding object shifting out of place issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have updates on this yet? I have similar issues but mine is regarding object shifting out of place issues. ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have replied to the separate post you created for your issue. I would be following up with you on this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/objects-shift-ever-since-i-ve-last-opened-the-xd-file/m-p/12...

I will try my best to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines