• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I create a background for the entire preview (wider than the website)?

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I wanted to know if you can set a background so that the preview goes across the entire browser and not just as wide as my design. Here's an example:

I have a navigation that should go across the entire screen in the browser. My page itself is in the middle and not as wide as the entire screen. For example, the screen is 1920x1080, but the website is 1320x1080. In the Adobe XD preview, my design is always cut off and that looks strange. It must be possible to display a background longer than the actual design so that it looks better.

Does anyone know what I mean and can help me?

Marcel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In XD are you creating an artboard at 1920x1080, or 1320x1080.
If you create the artboard at the larger size you can put the background in, then put the website content over the top only out to the 1320x1080 size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, yes I know. I am concerned with the preview in the browser when you have created a link. Then I look at it in the browser and it doesn't show it to me correctly on 1920x1080, but has a border on the right and left because it cannot display the design correctly. It looks strange. Can't you somehow prevent this? I would like to be able to represent it 100% as I design it, but that is how it compresses the design in the browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marzelman,

Sorry for the delay in response. Could you please try to zoom out ot 100% on browser and share results with us?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please review this converstion for more info. https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/desktop-preview-is-not-displaying-a-full-screen/td-p/1007969...

Try to change the heigh of project, and see if tt helps to solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines