• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I deselect the HOME artboard in Prototype mode?

Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

How can I deselect the HOME artboard in the Prototype mode? I'm asking because I need to be able to share all artboards, but if I'm crazy enought to click the HOME icon for an artboard, I can only share that selected artboard.

Not sure who came up with this UX, but man it's terrible... 

TOPICS
How to , Prototyping , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Well, there you have it !!

The new version of Adobe XD (27) will ease the pain of creating a set of artboards for just viewing:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/adobe-xd-27-is-now-live/td-p/10917146

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear that you're facing issue with  Adobe XD Share mode.

To diselect simply click the home icon associated with the home artboard It turns from blue to grey indicating that its no more home artboard. To view all the artboards after publishing, you should ensure to link all the relevant artboards.

Please check in the below link to know more single artboard publishing in Adobe XD:

https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-prototypes.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/share-designs-prototypes.html

Please let us know if that helps.

Thanks,
Chethan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work, our team are also facing this challenge and it's extremely frustrating.

I don't want to share my file as a  linked prototpe therefore I have put no wires between artboards. I'm sharing for developers, accidently clicked on an artboard which has selected it as home. I'm now unable to share all my artboards. I can create a new file and copy all my artboards but now I have to recreate all my character styles.

Does anyone else have a fix they can share?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm not seeing the obvious or not understanding a new method, but i.m.h.o. you can't simply switch off the Home indicator. It only toggles when I set another artboard as the Home...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cristian_banu,

Thank you using Adobe XD, Please share the following information, 

> XD version,

> Win/Mac.

The select/deslect of home art-board  will be seen in Upcoming releases, very soon you will get excited features from Adobe XD, till that stay tuned to Adobe XD.

Regards,

Ashwini M Hiremath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, so maybe Chethan was referring to some beta version she already has...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashwini

XD version: 26.0.22.5

Windows

Please stop releasing features that don't work properly, it's crazy, we're depending on this product more than you think 🙂

I love XD, man I love it so much, but sometimes it's like the CEO's 5 year old is being listened to when new features are created. This one, which is a total disaster, the GRID view feature, when it replaced the FLOW view... What were you guys thinking? 🙂

Cheers,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found a workaround for this. The problem is once you set the homepage for prototyping purposes, you can't un-set it which would allow you to share all of the artboards. I'm sure Adobe will update this eventually, but for now:

1. Create a new XD document.
  2. Select each of your artboards in your old XD document one by one by shift + clicking on its name.
  3. Once all artboards are selected, Copy them.
  4. Paste them in the new XD document.
  5. Delete all artboards out of the old document.
  6. Copy and paste all of the artboards from the new document back into the old one.
  7. The "home" page is no longer set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey

This work around works thanks! I don't have to re-create all my character styles or components and the home art board is deselected. Awesome 🙂

Cheers

Louise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, there you have it !!

The new version of Adobe XD (27) will ease the pain of creating a set of artboards for just viewing:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/adobe-xd-27-is-now-live/td-p/10917146

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hurrah!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines