• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD :How to import/copy the Colors document assets from one file to another file in XD?

New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a project Library with colors, character styles & components.

I have given specific names with variables to all the colors used in the library, which is very useful for the work of the dev team, who directly define colors in this way. When they then work on a specific screen in the project prototype, they see the name of the variable used for a component and easily navigate.
But this only happens in the library itself, and I would like to be able to import the colors directly from the library and into the project prototype file so that this functionality is available here as well.

{Title renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Prototyping , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

Thanks for reaching out. I found an article that has information on managing and re-using assets, please refer to this article https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/user-guide.html/xd/help/work-with-assets-and-libraries-xd.ug.html and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

Thanks for the shared article. I read it over and over again and unfortunately, I didn't find what I needed.

lib-example1.png

In the colors panel, I find an option to copy them to other libraries, but I don't understand why some of them are enabled, others are disabled.

What determines this?

Thanks,
Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

Thanks for sharing the screenshot. The other libraries are might be document library or read-only libraries that are created from XD file and published. And the ones you can copy to are the traditional libraries. You can only copy to and move items to traditional cc libraries.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I'm having the same issue, but I don't understand: why only traditional CC library? I desperately need to copy the color components to another published library, is there no other way to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines