• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I share columns in development mode?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, I need to share guide columns layout to my developer.

I read that this function was here long time ago, but now it doesnt works anymore...

Can anybody help us?

TOPICS
How to , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

There have indeed been some changes between 2.x and 3.x versions of XD in the area of both Grids, and Share.

E.g. these grids were removed from the Developers View, and they can't be set separataly anymore to either squares or layout. It's one type of grid for all – only the measurements may differ. However, the Make and Use Default buttons for the grid seem to be not working properly, so maybe there's something wrong with them on a different level.

And the online shared rendition for the Re

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

Sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind elaborating more about the issue here so that we can understand better? Are you looking for layout grid function which is missing from web? If yes, the team is already aware of the issue and is working on it to fix it. You may see the improvements in the future releases of XD.

Please let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have indeed been some changes between 2.x and 3.x versions of XD in the area of both Grids, and Share.

E.g. these grids were removed from the Developers View, and they can't be set separataly anymore to either squares or layout. It's one type of grid for all – only the measurements may differ. However, the Make and Use Default buttons for the grid seem to be not working properly, so maybe there's something wrong with them on a different level.

And the online shared rendition for the Reviewers and Developers have become a totally different ball game. These views have been changed two or three times the past year, so it might change again ! Having the option to show a developer the calculated grid behind the design proved indeed worth sharing too. As a matter of fact, at UserVoice you can see there's already a pending request taken into development !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Peter and Harshika, thanks for the response.

Then I must wait and pray for that; my developer needs this so much. Now I'm sharing the XD file with him, but that's not the workflow we need.

However, thanks, and we will wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines