• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we get Dark Mode/Theme/Interface in Adobe XD?

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my name is Waqas and i'm a UI/UX Engineer <user information removed by moderator>. I love XD like many others and i use Adobe Suite for my projects but i most of the products like Photoshop, Illustrator have dark themes whereas Adobe XD still has the basic white theme which is hard on eyes specially when working at night in a room. It will be nice to have an option to switch between night and day mode.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Design , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Hi Waqas,

Thank you for reaching out. I would suggest submitting your feedback here: Dark Interface (overall UI including side panels) – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs on our UserVoice page and upvote this feature to add your voice.

Please let us know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry you have that perception; we do spend a lot of time in UserVoice and take the feedback seriously. We've talked about this publicly: https://twitter.com/ashorten/status/1339704791451070464?s=20

To sum up, there is a fair amount of architectural work we need to do to enable dark mode in XD. We are actively working on updating our architecture to be able to handle dark mode, but as with anything this structural, it's likely going to be a long term effort. As ni

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am eager to see a dark mode option in Adobe XD. Otherwise, I'll lose my eyes or need to shift to another alternative. Please Update Dark screen mode in Adobe XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except it's been ignored. It's been in the backlog since ***2016***. WHEN are we going to see this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dark mode for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Giuseppe,

Thanks for reaching out. We have received a similar request on our UserVoice page, I'd request you to upvote this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12940362-dark-inte...

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am eager to see a dark mode option in Adobe XD. Otherwise, I'll lose my eyes or need to shift to another alternative. Please Update Dark screen mode in Adobe XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TO EVERYONE LOOKING FOR HOPE AND ANWSERS, I WANT TO LET YOU KNOW, THIS REQUEST WAS POSTED IN 2016 AND IS IN BACKLOG!  YES EVEN TRUMP WOULD AGREED THIS IS A GREAT IDEA. AND THATS A LOW BAR TO COMPARE HOW ADOBE HAVE TAKE SO LONG. 

The only I can reccomend you is, go to the stupid "recommend" page and vote and let your anger get out because this is the most stupid delay ever. AND STILL, wont happend. Even facebook have a dark UI and is not made for design. Is just so stupid that a DESIGN company build an INTERFACE app without the option of choosing the UI pallete like EVERY CC APP. The worst part is we need to beg to at least take the white a little bit down. BUT EVERYTHING IS WHITE! WHAT THA F....  I have to use RayBans and Sunglasses with prescription because all I get is migraines. 

So yea, go to the link of requests, vote and lash out for cathartic pourpuses. Because ADOBE DONT GIVE A F even if we pay for CC and stop using Sketch and Figma and more weird than that.... people stopped pirating the app because we were promise our suscriptions was to fund constant change and updates, and this was ask in 2016. 

GO AND JOIN ANGRY DESIGNERS ---> Dark Interface (overall UI including side panels) – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my name is Bharath and i'm a UI/UX Designer. I love XD like many others and i use Adobe Suite for my projects but i most of the products like Photoshop, Illustrator have dark themes whereas Adobe XD still has the basic white theme which is hard on eyes specially when working at night in a room. It will be nice to have an option to switch between night and day mode. Can you please help as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I would suggest submitting your feedback here: Dark Interface (overall UI including side panels) – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs on our UserVoice page and upvote this feature to add your voice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Users have been asking for this for YEARS. Don't hold your breath! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UI design app that couldn't implement a simple dark UI for 4 years!!! WHAT A JOKE!!

Guys! Adobe just don't care what you want. Just do it yourself!

find the method here: github.com/cgio/darkxd 

It not be perfect, but it's better than nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like no one on your team is paying attention to this UserVoice thing, so please stop redirecting us there every time someone asks about the feature. It is requested already. 5 years ago. With thousands of upvotes. Tell us, when is Adobe actually going to consider its customers' needs? This is ridiculous. A team of a junior designer and developer could do this in a couple of hours.

I'm starting to think Adobe doesn't want to do it. Maybe they want to include it later, as a feature in some higher-priced version of XD, so we are forced to pay if we don't want to go blind. 

This software was supposed to be shaped by the users' feedback. Yeah, right. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry you have that perception; we do spend a lot of time in UserVoice and take the feedback seriously. We've talked about this publicly: https://twitter.com/ashorten/status/1339704791451070464?s=20

To sum up, there is a fair amount of architectural work we need to do to enable dark mode in XD. We are actively working on updating our architecture to be able to handle dark mode, but as with anything this structural, it's likely going to be a long term effort. As nice as it would be to just "turn it on," there are a number of realities around making software that just take time.

Thanks,

Elaine Chao

Sr. Product Manager, Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It takes some time...ok, we gоt that. But this time couldn't be almost 7 years. Users totally neglected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you shed some light on the architectural challenges the team's facing? Keeping the function in the backlog for 7 years does look like the team has given up on the feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't believe you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am eager to see a dark mode option in Adobe XD. Otherwise, I lose my eyes or need to shift to another alternative. Please Update Dark screen mode in Adobe XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone told me to use Adobe XD but I can't because there is no dark mode. Adobe is saying that it takes a fair bit of work to add but that is absolute bullcrap because someone has already done it: https://github.com/cgio/darkxd
Dark mode should be the default for everything. It's not subjective, it is a fact and there is science that can prove it:

http://hj.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:1464394/FULLTEXT01.pdf 

https://www.uxmatters.com/mt/archives/2020/01/dark-isnt-just-a-mode.php 

https://uxdesign.cc/the-story-of-dark-mode-light-mode-and-the-user-87782f180ae5 

https://material.io/design/color/dark-theme.html 

Honestly, at this point Adobe has to be purposely neglecting our cries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need a dark mode.

My eyes are bleeding

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of the saddest and most pathetic things I have ever seen.

Thank God I use Figma with a custom Dark Mode plugin. 😆

Good luck guys.  Adobe has NEVER listened to their customers.

You would think you would understand that by now. 😑

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WE NEED DARK MOODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been six years since adobe couldn't install a dark theme. Adobe don't care guys, all they care is money. Adobe was created for designers for helping them grow. Now they are just a cash grab corporate S**t

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given Adobe's investment in the growth of XD, I doubt this will happen. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines