• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change a path back to an image?

Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD on Windows 10

I accidentally double-clicked on an image. It turned it from an image to a path. The main difference, that I can see is that the rounded corners function is gone. I don't want this to be a path, I want to rounded corners function.

How do I make it revert back to an image? (Control-Z is too late, it's been days since I did this)

both are images.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

There is no way to figure out what the original shape was after you've turned it into a custom path.  However, you can draw a new rectangle shape from scratch and then copy the image fill from the path onto the new shape.  To do that:

1. Select the path that has the image and Copy to clipboard
  2. Select the new rectangle shape
  3. Right click > Paste Appearance

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey glenlipka,

The image doesn't get converted into path permanently.

You should be able to click on the image and get rounded corners activated.

Please attach a screenshot of your image if this is not the case with you.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, can't get it back to an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just double clicking into the image isn't enough to cause the problem, you must also drag one of the corners inside the image. Then it becomes a shape, and coming out again doesn't give you back the round corner controls.

I don't see a way to fix it, other than importing the image again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copy that Colin, now got it what OP trying to do and yes, once the corners are dragged it can't get back.

Will log a bug for this.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to figure out what the original shape was after you've turned it into a custom path.  However, you can draw a new rectangle shape from scratch and then copy the image fill from the path onto the new shape.  To do that:

1. Select the path that has the image and Copy to clipboard
  2. Select the new rectangle shape
  3. Right click > Paste Appearance

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PeterFlynn  it doesnt work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This screen recording shows the original issue, in the image on the left, then Peter's suggestion being used to fix the appearance of the broken one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I created a post requesting to have an option to disable the conversion to path when you are double clicking. If you are interested in it, please like.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/disable-double-click-for-conversion-to-path/m-p/11253184?pag...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines