• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get a fixed item to stop at a certain point

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've built a form that form expands up from the bottom of the page. I have it fixed but it dissappears behind the footer at the bottom of the page. How do I get this element to be fixed but only until I scroll to a certain point?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthew,

Can you please help to elaborate your problem with more clear step and some screenshot.

Thanks,

Vertika Gupta

Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, you can't change the fixed positioning of an object conditionally. It's either always fixed, or always scrolling. 

There is a way to kinda replicate this behavior, but it doesn't work very well:

https://xd.adobe.com/view/9e693a84-6c6e-49ae-9cdb-06bc05d7fd76-cb3a/

Basically, you put all the elements of the page in a vertical scroll group, except for the footer and the form (without making it fixed), and when you reach the end of the scroll group, the actual page scrolls and reveals the footer. Problem is it only works on the way down, and if you scroll back up the page scrolls first, and then the footer hides.

145009.png

Note: There's a bug with the web preview, that doesn't happen when previewing in Xd - if the scroll stops and doesn't reveal the footer, move the mouse a bit and scroll further down. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines