• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I link from one page element to another?

Participant ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD noob here:

I have a drop-down menu on one page, and want it to be trigger from a hamburger icon on another page.

In order to simulate the hamburger icon opening to the full menu, I have another page with the menu showing, and I dragged an action arrow from the hamburger icon on one page to the open menu on the other page, trying both auto-animate and dissolve, but in the Adobe XD iOS app on my iPhone, the hamburger icon merely flashes when I click on it, but doesn’t go to the other page.

The pages transition only if I drag the arrow from the hamburger icon to the whole artboard, but I would like to be able to make clicks on different areas/elements of page 1 to go to different pages, so what am I doing wrong that I can’t get a click on just one element (the hamburger icon) go to the open-menu page?

Not sure that I made myself clear, but I fail to understand why clicking just the hamburger icon only makes it flash, but not animate to the other page.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

A couple of hours of Google searches and YouTube videos later, it occurs to me that what I really wanted to learn about is how to use Overlays to accomplish what I was hoping to. do. As a matte of fact, this features can do much more than I had set out to do, so I've got some hours/days of learning ahead of me to get this figured out properly. Very cool feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A couple of hours of Google searches and YouTube videos later, it occurs to me that what I really wanted to learn about is how to use Overlays to accomplish what I was hoping to. do. As a matte of fact, this features can do much more than I had set out to do, so I've got some hours/days of learning ahead of me to get this figured out properly. Very cool feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines