• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I prevent Xd from making a 'copy of' new versions of my files?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my design team, and also in any other design work that I complete with Xd, we/I use a version history system to identify different versions of a file. For example, we may have design-file-v0.1, which gets iterated and becomes design-file-v0.2, etc. This is a standard practice I have been taught and adhered to over many years, and I understand this also conforms to ISO standards of file archiving.

However this becomes frustrating when Xd by default automatically adds 'copy of' to the start of the title of my file when I try to save a new version of that file. I would like to prevent Xd from doing this as I am not making copies, I'm making different iterated versions. At the moment I have to delete this part of the file name when saving and then adjust the number at the end. When making lots of saved versions, this gets tedious, irritating and promote frustrating mistakes.

Can anyone please inform me how I can prevent Xd from adding 'copy of' to the title of all my files when I try to save a new version? I cannot see a setting anywhere to adjust this...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Hi, at the moment I don't think there is a solution to this. However you can apply here: Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, at the moment I don't think there is a solution to this. However you can apply here: Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines