• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do i undo mask in Adobe XD?

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I undo a mask in Adobe XD. Applying the command Ctrl+ Shift + M won't undo the masking.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Right Mouse click on the object and then you can unmask from the context menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right Mouse click on the object and then you can unmask from the context menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hm. I don't see the option to do this. I can only replace, so I have to open photoshop and save as a png first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to use a keyboard shortcut it's Cmd/Ctrl + Shift + G (i.e. ungroup)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops I posted from another me by accident 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you drag and drop a image within a shape, you will not be able to undo the mask. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do that you are not masking the image with a shape but setting the fill colour of the shape to the image - if this makes sense. You need to reset the fill colour of your shape to a colour (white or whatever) to revert back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if you drop an image into a shape it is not considered a mask but a fill. That seems a bit illogical to me. Using repeat grids, you would have to manually 'mask with shape' for each item if you want to have the function of releasing mask? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it's not logical... If i'm able to edit a shape with an image within, it's an object mask, not an object with a 'fill-color/image'! Since there is no manual option to do this 'fill', I would seriously think about changing this behaviour guys... It's not user friendly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not having an unmask or a release option makes it really challenging to get at the original image in the event you are wanting to animate it for web projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines