• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to add bullet points and numbers in XD?

Engaged ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out how to do it.

Play Planetside 2 as it's a lot better than Battlefield 2042 with 800+ people on a map during Primetime and no lag.

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. If you're visiting this thread for the first time, use the links below to upvote these feature requests and share your feedback with the product team.: Bullet Points / Unordered list and Ordered / Numbered Lists

In the time that this feature makes it to XD, we suggest trying the "Bullet plugin" and "List Plugin" from the Plug-Ins panel. You may also try copy-pasting text with bullets and numbered list from authoring tools into XD.  Hope this helps, Harshik

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

For Mac Users:

option + 8 Key

For Window Users:

alt + 8 Key

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AntDX316,

We regret the inconvenience caused. Currently there is no in-built feature in Adobe XD to add bullet points for area text.  There is already a feature request for the same: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/16073923-text-bull...  I suggest upvoting this feature request to stay tuned to the latest announcements around it.

Meanwhile, you can try the following workaround:

Copy pasting the text along with bullet points from MS Word to XD.

We will try our best to get this feature delivered in future releases of XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We cannot even use Alt+7 within XD but we can use it anywhere else.  Copying and pasting makes it the best workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case you didn't wanna download the plugin, you can get the bullet point symbol by pressing "option 8" on a mac but this doesn't help with any of the formatting needed for a true bullested list 😕  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Windows 10 PC "Windows Key + ." brings up the new emoji inserter window.  You can use it to also insert symbols as well, as seen below with the bullet symbol highlighted:

emoji inserter.png

For many standard fonts such as Arial, Times New Roman, etc..., you can use the keyboard shortcut of  "Alt + 0149" to insert a bullet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! This works!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been added to Adobe XD yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just udated XD to the most recent version on July 1 2020, and if they added it, it is not apparent. So I would say no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was baffled to see it's not a part the adobe UX software. Seems so essential when laying out text.

I wonder if it complicates page layout/flow too much to incorporate into Visual UX Tools.

I checked out Figma and was surprised to see that they also don't have the ability to add an ordered list or numbered list. Oddly, that made me feel a bit better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figma has this functionality, I have used it often. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no built-in feature for bullets or numbers yet (strange, because it's one of the oldest HTML text formats), but you could try installing and using this plugin: https://adobe.com/go/xd_plugins_discover_plugin?pluginId=02b738ca

It's not very well reviewed (it lacks a lot of crucial settings, like indent measure, multiple types of bullets, etc.) But at least it types the characters for you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up. I'll give it a go and if it gets the basics of bulleted lists done I'm good.
(You weren't kidding about the reviews!?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This plug-in is like a glass of water in the middle of the desert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it ? I think it's more like getting a sachet of Koolaid in the desert, with the instruction "add water".

Sorry, being sarcastic here – it's almost the end of a turbulent and crazy year... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hahaha - no, I guess it's not perfect but for the project I was working on it was a huge timesaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter. It worked!

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand a workaround is required to get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm baffled by the

• Very
  • Long
  • Delay of
  • Bullet lists!

at Adobe XD! The prototyping capabilities are launching ahead while basic text editing (like hanging-indent bullet lists and other HTML basics) are lagging WAY behind.

There are 100s of designers poised to adopt XD at my company alone, but we're not going to leap until there's basic text editing capabilities.

¿Que Pasa?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree! Are they actually kidding?!

Ps. Ironic that this basic commenting dialog box has:

1. Numbers; and
  • Bullets...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's pretty funny/sad.  Very good point. It'd be like Photoshop not having an eyedropper.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Figma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removed - Not Relevant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you serious? Adobe made a product that can't format bullet points on a web site— what a ridiculous failure of a product. I have spent numerous hours learning XD only to find that it fails basic text editing? Shameful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines