• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to add bullet points and numbers in XD?

Engaged ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out how to do it.

Play Planetside 2 as it's a lot better than Battlefield 2042 with 800+ people on a map during Primetime and no lag.

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. If you're visiting this thread for the first time, use the links below to upvote these feature requests and share your feedback with the product team.: Bullet Points / Unordered list and Ordered / Numbered Lists

In the time that this feature makes it to XD, we suggest trying the "Bullet plugin" and "List Plugin" from the Plug-Ins panel. You may also try copy-pasting text with bullets and numbered list from authoring tools into XD.  Hope this helps, Harshik

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

For Mac Users:

option + 8 Key

For Window Users:

alt + 8 Key

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alt+8 worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still can't add bullets in XD. Dissapointing that a really basic typography feature has not been added

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This shouldn't be and is very appalling that this still hasn't been resolved after a year or more. A friend recommended a quick fix, Windows Key + .

It brings up a keyboard you can use to directly input bullets and other characters. Still, Adobe needs to have a better fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To state clearly, I mean Windows key pressed with the dot/fullstop key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is as appalling as trying to use turn fonts to their bold variant with ctrl+B in adobe illustrator but you can't do that and have to be a pro at creating the "bold" effect and if you do it wrong it looks like you used a black marker to hand draw the letters on a cardboard box : (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feb 2022 Still no bullets in XD 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mar 2022 Still no bullets in XD 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

April 2022 Still no bullets in XD. 

Dear Adobe, I am only using XD because I am forced to do so in order to share files with coworkers. If I could go back to Figma today, I would jump at the chance. 

Davinci Resolve is eating your lunch as well. Oh, and Affinity. I've loved Photoshop for years, but the clock is ticking. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May 2022 and guess what? Still no bullets. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess what? Gotta use Figma now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figma supports this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the plug-ins are garbage.

I used this instead:
https://www.piliapp.com/symbol/bullet-point/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The List Plugin from Adobe works very well for my needs. You can even fine tune it. Glad I found it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding bullets in the text is a very common feature especially for web or app design.  I do not understand why Adobe XD did not add this feature.  Many very common and important features in XD do not exist, which is very inconveniient for users.  We have to spend lots of time to figureing out and serach for plugin plus learning how to add those.  I think that is why many people have switched to Figma.  I am going to do so as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, by this stage, Adobe too has switched to Figma and am assuming they will be shelving any new Xd features for the Adobe version of Figma, which could still benefit from improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is embarssing that such a basic feature isn't present, and after 4+ years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well,... as a designer, I believe I speak for many. I wish everyone would just stop using bullets altogether. Lol! They are an eye-sore and not the best way to communicate, but most definately the laziest method!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also as a designer of 30+ years, let me present another view. It's not about laziness. Sometimes bullets might be the only way to present something in a very simplistic way. Sure, there are other, more creative ways to present information, but you know what? They take time. And often times the client wants what they want sooner rather than later. So, I see nothing wrong with bullet points. They are simply another tool in the arsenal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I have you beat in years, but won't go any further and I'm still sticking with lazy. Especially when every bullet is a paragraph, and then followed by sub-bullets, and then sub-sub-bullets. Some people are just poor communicators, but we are getting off the subject at hand... Bullets may have their place, however, but tend to be the "go-to"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I should have stated was that bullets are often misused. And unfortunately, when I am handed copy, that appears to be much of the time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how this adds to the conversation of why a program doesn't support a basic feature.

That said, bullet points help with

• legibility
  • learning and understanding and retention,
  • ever-shortening attention spans,
  • accessibility,
  • and the fact that many people have limited time to read paragraphs or understand graphics/diagrams.

The best websites think of the user first. But again, I don't think the use of bullet points is up for debate here: The lack of the ability to use them is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. You are correct. As Adobe recently purchased Figma, they are likely moving their resources accordingly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True at the time of posting but now that the deal has collapsed I guess we can keep waiting on Adobe to improve XD or just, switch to Figma? Competition is good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is NOT bringing XD back to life. You need to migrate to a new solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already done Chris :o)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines